Thursday, April 19, 2007

Another Mickey Card

I still have a few Mickey Mouse images left over from my play day I had with my cricut earlier in the week. Yesterday a friend was over and she showed me a fun new product (new for us anyway), that she had discovered when she had purchased something for another technique she wanted to try. Some of you may have discovered this already, it is created really for kids but hey if it works for stampers why not us it. The product I am talking about is called "Color Explosion" and is made by Crayola ® , basically it consists of a pad of black glossy type card (it has some sort of special coating on it) and you also get a special pen and my pack also contained a stencil as well. The idea is for kids to draw on the card with the special pen and it reveals a multi color effect. Well we decided to try the pen on our stamps and wow! If you want to see more info on this product, you can find it here. Check out the panel that Mickey is sitting on, that was created using the cheesecloth background stamp and the pen stamped onto the black color explosion card and this is what I got - very different background. When I got mine today while I was out shopping I noticed a couple of different choices "Rainbow" or "Neon" - the card above is done using the rainbow one. I only got the one pack for now as I wanted to make sure it was something I could use before wasting money. There is also a white version of this product which I wasn't sure whether would be of use to us or not, but after playing with this one and checking out the web site I think it would be good too, guess I need to go shopping again LOL!

Click on the image for a better view of this background

For this card I cut Mickey at 4 inches using the Mickey & Friends Cricut cartridge, basically it is cut at the same size as my previous Mickey card found here, however it does look much smaller compared to the other one, cut the base first in black and then it is easy to add all those other colors over the top. This was attached to my color explosion background piece I explained in the previous paragraph. The yellow piece I cut out a bunch of Mickey's heads from the Mickey font cartridge at 1 inch and attached randomly over the yellow card to create the background and then layered onto a folded black card. The brads weren't really red enough for me so I used my red tria marker to make them a nicer red.

Recipe:
Papers: Black color explosion card by Crayola ®; Yellow, Red & Black
Other: Mickey & Friends Cricut Cartridge; Mickey Font Cricut Cartridge; Red Brads; Color Explosion Pen by Crayola®

2 comments:

Ally B said...

wow~o My son has a ton of this stuff in his room!! maybe I can lift a few sheet sfrom him with out him knowing!! hehehe! He also loves to stamp with me so i will have to show him this trick to use with his stamps!! Thanks for the great idea!!

Allison Rankin said...

This is super cool...my SIL and I were just talking about this as a birthday gift for DS! Maybe I will be poaching some of his prezzie (ha!).