Saturday, April 7, 2007

Birthday Cards
















As anyone who has been following the challenges on Splitcoast Stampers this week knows, Beate & Daven are both having birthdays this month. All of the challenges have been encouraging us to make them a birthday card to send to them. I decided to check out the Limited Supply Challenge, it was a 3, 2,1 challenge:
  • 3 stamps (not stamp sets)
  • 2 colors of cardstock and ink (plus neutrals, no patterned paper)
  • 1 embellishment
there was also a bonus challenge this week, which was to keep the same layout, but change the stamps, colors and embellishments so you could make both a masculine & a feminine card.

This is what I came up with, a fairly simple layout. As I had used flowers for Beate's card I wanted to stay with the plant theme for Daven's but obviously didn't want flowers so I decided upon this gumnut image that I purchased last year and hadn't use before. I figured that as this card was coming across the seas from Australia it was appropriate for this occasion. I used the same background stamp for both and as I decided to use rope on the one for Daven.
Recipe for Beate's Card:
Stamps: Happy Harmony & Flannel Plaid - Stampin' Up; Greeting - Hero Arts
Paper: Rose Red & Always Artichoke - Stampin' Up; White
Other: Marvy Markers #63 & 96; Maroon Fluid chalk; Black ink; Grosgrain Ribbon

Recipe of Daven's Card:
Stamps:
Gumnut & Happy Birthday - Stamp It (Aust); Flannel Plaid - Stampin' Up
Paper: Always Artichoke - Stampin' Up; Caramel XL card; white
Other: Marvy Markers #6 &96; Dark Moss Fluid Chalk; Black Ink; Rope



3 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

These are lovely...I like how you used the stamps multiple times across the layout...super!

Kristine said...

I really shoulda seen this card several days ago when the challenge was to ink up stamps that've never been used! Can you believe I've never used this flower? I have used almost every saying in that set, but for some reason not the flower. I LOVE what you did with them here. I'm totally into caseing, especially when I see cards as gorgeous as this!! :0) THANKS for the INSPIRATION!! Have a terrific Easter!

Diana said...

I just found your blog. Really like the card Beate. But what I love is how you photograph them. Very eye appealing.