Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Bundle of Joy!

This is a design that I have been wanting to do for ages, ever since I saw some similar cards posted on SCS late last year. So I was more than happy when Roxie posted this as the sketch for this weeks sketch challenge. We had a few options this week for this challenge: we had to include 4 squares that formed a square; the squares needed to be straight not slanted in anyway; and we had to fill in the space at the bottom of the card somehow.

The square could be just squares but as Roxie had included the samples in her post that included circles within the squares I had to go that way as that was the type I have been wanting to do for a while. Square squares I have done before. As the baby set was still out from last night when I made the other card in my previous post I decided to use those again and of course I liked the colors I used last time so that was an easy choice too. This was a good opportunity to play with my new fiskars circle punch I got last week too. Seeing there were circles already in my card I used the spots and dots cuttlebug embossing folder for the background.

Recipe:
Stamps: Baby First's & Canvas - Stampin' Up; Verse - EK Success
Paper: Taken with Teal, Marigold Morning, Cool Caribbean - Stampin' Up
Other: Black Ink; French Blue Fluid Chalk; White Brilliance; Spots & Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Brads


1 comment:

Chris Smith said...

Wow! This is really great. You are making this sketch grow on me.