Wednesday, May 23, 2007

How Mice of You

This card is for the Color Challenge on SCS, this weeks colors for the challenge were to use: Vintage Violet, Certainly Celery & Old Olive. These colors reminded me of grapes so I thought it was a great opportunity to play with this House Mouse stamp. I kept to Allison's sketch again (Stampin' When I Can), as I wanted something I could make fairly quickly as I should have been getting ready to go out with a friend today not stamping. I am not ready, but she isn't her yet so I can upload it too.
Tip: I didn't have the right color ribbon to go with my colors for this card so rather than try to color my white grosgrain with an ink pad I took my tria marker I used to color the grapes and used that. Tria's are alcohol markers similar to Copic or Prisma markers. I was surprised how well it colored my ribbon, soooo quickly and I didn't have to wait for it to dry.

Recipe: Stamps: House Mouse - Stampa Rosa; Verse - My Favorite Things
Paper: Vintage Violet, Certainly Celery, Old Olive - SU; White; B/G paper - Amazing Creations
Other: White Grosgrain Ribbon (colored with tria marker); Black Ink; Tria Markers; Foam Tape


3 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

I love it and you were able to stamp the sentiment on the DP...smart girl!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is so cute, and the ribbon turned out beautifully! Awesome!

Pat said...

Great card, love how you've used the sketch