Sunday, June 3, 2007

Fun Fun Fun - Featured Stamper

It's time for another Featured Stamper challenge on SCS and this week the featured stamper is Stamps4funinCA aka Tosha, Tosha has some great cards in her gallery and I ended up using 2 of her cards for inspiration for the cards shown here.

My first card above is inspired by a Penny Black Hedgehog Card that Tosha created about 5 weeks ago, I remember then loving that card and wanting to do something similar myself. Well today was the perfect time to create my own card using her ideas. I used a different Penny Black Hedgehog, the one she used would have been too small for my centre square as I concentrated on getting the dotted border made first before worrying about what image I was going to use. I don't normally do that I would normally work from the image first but if that border didn't work there wasn't much point doing this card as it was the border that I wanted to recreate and having the Papertrey ribbon set. My other changes were changing the color from red to blue, using a different verse and I also created a photo corner for the left corner of my main image rather than use ribbons.

While I was browsing through Tosha's gallery this afternoon I also discovered this one, Vintage Rose which uses stamps from the Wild Rose set. I haven't used that set nearly enough and I did like the card so I decided to recreate that too. I changed my colors from blues to pinks, changed the verse & ribbon and also added a border to the bottom of my card.

Recipes:
Hedgehog Card:
Stamps: Hedgehog - Penny Black; Flannel Plaid - Stampin' Up; Dot Border & Verse - Papertrey Ink
Paper: White; Black; Ballet Blue - Stampin' Up
Other: Black Ink; Ballet Blue Ink - Stampin' Up; Blue Brads; Tria Markers

Pink Roses:
Stamps: Wild Rose - Stampin' Up; Verse & Border - Papertrey Ink
Paper: White; Old Olive & Bravo Burgundy - Stampin' Up
Other: Rose Blush, Warm Violet, Lime Pastel & Olive Pastel Fluid Chalks; Black Ink; Ticket Corner Punch - Stampin' Up; Brads

6 comments:

Laura said...

I love the frame around the hedgehog. it looks really good. I MUST get the faux ribbon set soon. I think I will use it all the time!

Anonymous said...

I am in love with your hedgehog card. It's sooo cute. I am with Laura, the border you created just adds the finishing touch!

Tracy.H said...

I am lovin' that hedgehog!! Too cute! TFS :0)

Alhambra Club said...

Nice cards, your hedgehog card is adorable

Kristine said...

OH>LOVE the HEDGIE!! :) Sooo cute and you know how much I adore the hedgie! :) great job

Anonymous said...

I just love everything about that hedgie card - it's adorable!