Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Some cards for you

I have had friends here all day stamping so have not had a chance to do the sketch challenge yet for this week, however when I checked out what the layout was I discovered it was one I had used to create these two cards here that I created last year. So I thought I would share them here. I will still try and get a new card made using this sketch but will do so later one when I get some time.

The first one is an oriental design using the colors red, white & black - I love these colors together. It was a fairly easy design to do.
The second one above is created using the spirelli technique - the yellow spirelli pices are actually dies from Spellbinders the creator of the wizard die cutting machine - which is the die cutter I use most of the time. I have used both size spirelli pieces and layered them - the top spirelli piece has the cord wrapped around it before attach to the bottom piece. The background was created using various stamps and fluid chalk inks.

Recipe:
Oriental Card:
Stamps: Origami Crane - unknown; Background - Stamp Out Cute
Paper: Red, Black, White
Other: Black Ink; Red Eyelets

Spirelli Card:
Stamps: The Cats Pajama's; various others - unknown
Papers: Pale Violet; White; Yellow
Other: Black Ink; Wisteria Ink; Warm Violet Fluid Chalk, Spirelli Die - Spellbinders

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried Spirelli before, Frances? I bought two sizes of punches, but haven't tried it yet. Are they time consuming to do? Neat cards!