Sunday, July 1, 2007

Todays Special!

When I first saw this stamp set in the catty last year, I just knew I had to purchase it as it would make a perfect card for my nephew who is a chef. Of course I have used this set since I first purchased it almost 12 months ago, but this is the first time I have made a card using it for my nephew who has a birthday in a couple of weeks. Hopefully he will like it! I hear there is now an accessory set to go with this set now in the new catty - can't wait to see what the images are like to see whether I will need them or not - right now I would say I need LOL!

I wanted to create a type of restaurant scene for this card. I started by stamping the brick background onto my white card using burnt sienna fluid chalk. I then cut a piece of light grey card for the floor or pavement. I also cut a thin piece of darker grey so define the floor and the wall. I wanted to add an awning to this one so I used my slot punch to create the scallops along the edge of the red card and of course I had to use my striped background stamp to the awning!!!!!!!!!! - have I told ya I love that striped background yet!

I used my square punches to create the menu poster - I decided "Today's Special" suited the card better than Menu as birthdays are special - right!

The chef I stamped, colored and cut out from white card and then mounted to the main card using foam tape. I made it a chocolate card as I thought the browns looks a bit more masculine!

Recipe:
Stamps: Voila - Stampin' Up; Bricks - Cornish Heritage Farms; Striped B/G - My Favorite Things; Happy Birthday - Papertrey Ink
Papers: White, Black, Dark Brown; Grey; Dark Grey; Red; Caramel
Other: Black Ink; Burnt Sienna Fluid Chalks; White Brilliance Ink; White Gel Pen; Slot Punch - SU; Square Punches; Foam Tape







5 comments:

Peggy Maier said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! What a special card - you've done a great job!

Libby Hickson said...

This is SO cute! Your little restaurant scene is just perfect! Have you seen the new catty yet?? I'm going to say that you *DO* need the new accessories, they are adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this window scene! Love the square punch to make a "special of the day message board".

This set is on my first order out of the new US SU Catty!

Thanks for sharing!

Melissa

Alhambra Club said...

He is so cute, I have been eyeing him in the new catalog, yup got one on Saturday

Anonymous said...

This is AWESOME! I love the special board...ingenious! Well done.