Monday, November 5, 2007

Santa's Sack!


This weeks challenge I do with my CCEE friends on SCS is a little different this week. Our direction for this challenge was to decorate any type of bag. It could be a lunch bag, a handled bag or a handmade bag .... as you can see by the photo above I opted for creating & decorating a handmade bag..... it could also be for any occasion .... of course I went with Christmas!

To create this I started with a template from Darcies Rubber Stamps to make the bag itself. The Santa image is also by Darcies ... and after cutting out and scoring the bag where needed I attached the image to the bag, cut out the opening and attached acetate behind the opening.

Every year I normally make some sort of bag or box to hold some lollies that my DH enjoys to get ... the lollies aren't anything really special but are ones he likes to eat .... guess I have got my bag made earlier than normal ... I will keep this for when I purchase the lollies.

Yes you can already see something in the bag .... I bought them on the weekend so I had something inside it when I took the photo ... these are another Christmas tradition .... I remember buying these as kids every Christmas along with some other Christmas goodies .... not sure these ones are going to last till Christmas ... oops!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful bag! I love that paper, and of course the Santa....but the goodies inside look really delicious!

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable! What a cute bag for a Christmas (or anytime)treat! I'm off to Darcie's :)

Sew Club said...

Oh, how cute! Love this!