Thursday, November 1, 2007

Snow Much Fun!

It is time for another challenge with my fab friends (actually I believe we are Sassy Six now as we have a new member, but I am not sure we have changed all that as yet ;) )

This week our challenge was to include scallops ...... it could be using scallop punches, nestabilities, scissors, punches whatever as long as there were scallops somewhere on the card. Of course I had to use my nestabilities again ;)

I also decided to combine Julee's Poetic Artistry's Mojo#9 sketch challenge that she posted to her blog earlier on in the week.

I used my snowflake cuttlebug embossing folder to add texture to my DP before layering it to my orange card and placing it on my card. I wanted ribbon so I punched holes in the scallop circles so I could thread it through ... it allowed for a little more ribbon to show this way.

Recipe:

Stamps: Snowman - Whipper Snapper; Verse - Darcies
Paper: White; Orange, olive & Glitter Stack Pack - DCWV; Blue Brocade - SU
Other: Black Ink; Circle Nestabilities; Slot Punch; Orange Grosgrain Ribbon; Snowflake Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Foam Tape

11 comments:

Unknown said...

its stunning!! I love the colors, the scallops, the paper, everything!!! Great job on the challenge!

Danni said...

I love this! What a fun, bright snowman card! Also love the embossed patterned paper, I'm going to have to try that!
Awesome card!

Diane said...

OMG!!! Snowmen are my favorite...he's so darling and I love all the beautiful bright colors and all those scallops!!!
Great job!!

michelle sturgeon said...

AWESOME job with this sketch! LOVE this stamp!

Judy in Indiana said...

Your art just makes me look like a talent less poser! You amaze me. I love what you can do.

Danita said...

Love the colors, love the stamp, love the layout! TFS!!!

Ila said...

Oh My!! This is a Super Cute card!!..I love it!!

Tracy.H said...

Too cute! I just love these Whipper Snapper stamps!! :0)

Debby Winters said...

This is just too cute! love the little snowball man!

Genevieve said...

This is soooo cute! I love the colors...so bright and cheerful! The cuttlebug is a great touch too!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What an adorable snowman... and a GORGEOUS card. Thanks for playing! :)