Monday, January 21, 2008

Baby Girl!

Yes sorry it is another baby card ... I seem to be making baby cards right now ... but I promise I will move onto something else shortly ;) ....... I had this image out to do this card even before my second friend told me she was expecting a baby hehe .... it is just concidence! It is way too early to know even what either of them are having as yet .... knowing those two ... probably twins!!!! bwahahahahahahaha! (Sorry that was cruel ;) )

This card is for Beate's Weekend Sketch challenge ... I normally do this on a Saturday but because I was busy with VSN all weekend over on SCS .... I only got around to doing it last night .... I am even amazed I did it then actually ... cause I was soooo tired .... but Beate's sketches do that to ya ... you can't help but do them hehe!

The elephant here is by Peachy Keen Stamps ... I think she is the cutest (it's a baby girl card so the elephant has to be a girl here right!) .... I stamped the elephant onto white card and then layered her to my largest scallop rectangle I have.

The background piece is done using my baby cuttlebug embossing folder ... once I had embossed the background ... I went over the raised areas using my sponging block and Pretty In Pink SU ink pad.

I have had the baby bottle buttons for sometime so decided to use them rather than brads for a change ... yes no brads in this card not even one!!!!!! And I used my oval & label punches to create the layers for my sentiment. To finish of the card, I added stitching & dots around my pink layers using my white gel pen.

Recipe:
Stamps: Baby Elephant - Peachy Keen Stamps; Sentiment - Baby Set by Fiskars
Paper: White; Blush Blossom & Pretty In Pink - SU; Smokey - Bazzill
Other: Black Ink; Pretty In Pink SU Ink; Bottle Buttons; Oval Punches; Label Punch; Baby Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; White Gel Pen; Foam Tape

8 comments:

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

I adore this card, Frances! Your textured BG is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Frances, this is so cute! I love the background, the stamps and the cute embellishments.
Thanks for always trying out the sketches! You rock!
Hugs and smiles

Melissa said...

No apology necessary because this is fabulous!

Many Blessings,
Melissa

Donna Baker said...

this is so cute, I love the baby elephant & those baby bottles are stinkin' cute!

Shannon Tompkins said...

Frances,
That card is so stinkin' cute! I love it!

Unknown said...

Awww, that is one adorable baby card! It better not be twins for your "friends", that could be very scary!

Vicky said...

I love this adorable card!! I have a grand neice on the way and am addicted to baby cards right now! Would you please tell me what this spongeing block is as you've done such a nice job on the background. thanks
Vicky

Michele Kovack said...

What an adorable baby card!!!