Sunday, February 10, 2008

To the Bride & Groom

It has been a couple of weeks since I have done the featured stamper challenge for various reasons ... so it was fun to be able to get to play again this week. This week's featured stamper is Sarah Green. I am not sure I have seen Sarah's gallery before which is one of the great things about the featured stamper challenge ... you get to see galleries you don't always visit. I loved her gallery and after some debate I decided to go with this card as it uses Papertrey Ink's "Piece of Cake" set which hadn't seen ink until today.

As per the rules of the featured stamper challenge I had to change at least 2 things, here are my changes:
  • Changed the colors
  • Layered using scallop nestability
  • Use a colored card for my base rather than white
  • Stamped the background on the pink card using same color ink
  • Added sentiment to lower left hand corner of card
  • Kept to a monochromatic color scheme
  • Added paper piercing to the centre band
  • Use a different type of ribbon.
Recipe:
Stamps: Piece of Cake - Papertrey Ink
Paper: White card, Pretty in Pink & Rose Red - SU
Other: Black Ink; Pretty Ink Pink, Rose Red & Certainly Celery SU Ink; Rectangle Nestabilities; White Grosgrain Ribbon, Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Foam Tape

4 comments:

Peggy Maier said...

Very nice - I love the changes!

Anonymous said...

This is ever so gorgeous! Love, love, love the colors!!!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

beaufiful!

Doris said...

Love this card!