Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Brother In Law

This weeks sketch challenge on SCS required that the main panel of the card be no wider than 1.5 inches (approx 3.75cm) ... my first thought when looking for an image was to use flowers but as the two samples shown were already flowers I wanted to go in a different direction. I then spied this long "Brother" image from a new set I received for my birthday ... the set is called "For the Men" and is available through Cornish Heritage Farms.

At first I was only going to use the word Brother ... but then I realised that I don't have a brother ... my DH doesn't nor to my girls or their partners so I decided to include the word "in Law" which is also part of this set ... and then I can give this to my daughter to give to one of her brother in laws.

To create this card I stamped the images in Really Rust SU card .... I used my sponging block to sponge the edges and I also used my distressing tool to distress all the edges. Of course I also used my distress stripes cuttlebug embossing folder (yes I love this one too) to do the creamy caramel panel behind the image.

Recipe:
Stamps: For the Men Set - Cornish Heritage Farms
Paper: White; Black; Really Rust & Creamy Caramel - SU
Other: Black Ink; Creamy Caramel SU Ink; Distress Strips Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Photo Corner Punch; Rust Brads; Hodgepodge Hardware; Distressing Tool; Foam Tape

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful! I will have to check out this set as I have more "men" in my life vs girls and can never seem to find "manyly" stamps!
Starla

Unknown said...

Its a wonderful card!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Love this set and the colours are great!
Deena (moonrise)