Thursday, March 27, 2008

Elvis Elvis Elvis!

Here is another card using my new Elvis stamps ... this card is for the challenge I do with my fab/sassy friends on SCS ... our challenge this week was to create a card which used some sort of "faux" technique .... I decided to do the faux leather technique.

This is quite an easy technique to do ... all you need is masking tape ... tear it into pieces and attach it to your card overlapping as you go ... once you have covered your whole card you then can color the background using your ink pads ... I used a variety of distress inks to create mine. A tip ... let the ink dry a little on the masking tape before you rub off your excess ... this will give you a darker look. I also like to start with a slightly larger card that I need and cut it down to size when I have finished the technique.

The layout here is another SFYTT sketch from Iheart2stamps blog. I colored Elvis' jacket using my new gold spica pen I received on Monday ... it gives it a great glittery look in real life.

Recipe:
Stamps:
Elvis Stamps - Cornish Heritage Farms
Paper: White; Black; More Mustard - SU
Other: Black Ink; Old Paper, Brushed Burlap Distress Inks; Black Brads; Circle Nestabilities; Gold Spica Pen; Masking Tape; Foam Tape

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your faux leather is gorgeous!!! It looks just like DP!!

Aleks said...

the faux leather looks great!

Kim said...

ooh ohh ohhh..I just LOVE this! From the background to the Elvis stamp, this card is AWESOME!

Jana Weaver said...

Love the masking tape background, perfect with Elvis!! Great job with these stamps!! OH...and you've been tagged! ;-)

Linda Carson said...

Elvis never looked better! Love the faux background.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Aren't these just so fun to work with? great cards you have been uploading...you have been busy! Have you uploaded these to the CHF Gallery?? I bet everyone there would LOVE TO SEE THEM!