Monday, March 3, 2008

Hey Dude!

This weeks challenge I do with my goofy CCEE friends on SCS required that we incorporate the shaving cream technique on our card. It has been a while since I have done this technique and normally it is a little messy ... and being busy this weekend stamping for DT commitments I wasn't really looking forward to creating my background. I was tempted to pull out an old one and use that ... but no I couldn't do that ... I would feel guilty. As luck would have it there was a suggestion in this weeks SCS Inkling about this technique which was to place the shaving cream inside a plastic folder as you do for some other techniques so I figured I will try this way out. Either way you do this it still tends to be a little messy as you have all that shaving cream to remove from your card.

For my background I just grabbed the closest dye reinkers to me at the time which happened to be cool caribbean, buckaroo blue & cranberry crisp to add to my shaving cream . I like the way it came out.

I used floral fantasy & distress stripes cuttlebug embossing folders for my card ... the floral on on the shaving cream piece and the stripes one on the buckaroo blue piece ... I also used my sponging block to add color to the striped piece. I also used my rectangle nestabilities to create my layers for the main image.

I added the screw brads & hardware to the card as I felt it fitted the theme of this bear image.

Recipe: Stamps: Bear - High Hopes; Hey Dude - ??
Paper: White; Buckaroo Blue, Chocolate Chip & Cranberry Crisp - SU
Other: Black Ink; Buckaroo Blue, Chocolate Chip & Cranberry Crisp SU Ink; Distressed Stripe & Floral Fantasy Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Rectangle Nestabilities; Oval Punch; Screw Brads; Hodgepodge Hardware; Foam Tape

1 comment:

Linda Carson said...

EXCELLENT & very creative!