Monday, March 17, 2008

Wedding Wishes


Happy Monday ... which means it is time for another challenge with my goofy CCEE friends on SCS. I quickly made this card last night after I got home from the last day at the Paper Crafts show where I was demoing all weekend .... normally I would have had my card made at least a few days before the challenge was due.... but because I had a busy stamping schedule last week and also wasn't home for the last 4 days, I just didn't have time.

Our challenge this week was to use vellum somehow in our card. When I was first thinking about this challenge I had planned on doing a different technique to the one that I have here. In the end I decided to use my cuttlebug embossing folders to emboss the vellum .... I used adhesive vellum so it was easy to attach that to my card after embossing.

Once I had embossed my vellum, I decided I just had to use the new Bride & Groom Riley & Sophie stamps to create a wedding card. If you like this stamp ... keep an eye on Hanna Stamps site as I believe these will be released this week, along with a few more Riley & Sophie stamps.

Recipe:
Stamps: Bride & Groom Riley & Sophie - Hanna Stamps; Sentiment - My Favorite Things
Paper: White; Wisteria & Jubilee Bazzill; Vellum
Other: Black Ink; Wisteria Fluid Chalks; Circle Nestabilities; Textile Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Word Window Punch; Ribbon; Foam Tape

6 comments:

Jennifer Love said...

Wheeeeeeeee! New Riley and Sophie to boot! I'm so excited!

Great card! I never know what to do with my vellum so I just collect it. LOL

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

What an awesome technique! Never thought of doing that. Thanks for sharing!

Judy in Indiana said...

That wedding card is sweet and pefect. I love it!

Unknown said...

This is sooooo adorable!! I love the cuttlebugged vellum, too. Great card!

Linda Carson said...

Riley is breaking a lot of women's hearts by getting married...! Love the card. A fun thing to do w/CB folders is to brayer a K-pad on it & then emboss. The ink washes off the folder w/no problems & makes fun backgrounds.

Diane said...

Too cute!!!!!!