Monday, April 21, 2008

Baby Congratulations!

Hi again! This card is for this week's MFT sketch challenge in the MFT Member Forum of SCS. It is also for this months "Celebrate MFT" which is the 20th of every month. I flipped the sketch for my card as I preferred my image to be on the left side of my card rather than the right. I am thinking now maybe I should have used my rectangle nestabilities to layer my image .... but I didn't and it is too late now. I am not pulling this one apart!

I used my swiss dots cuttlebug embossing folder to add texture to the top portion of my card. I stamped the main image 3 times .. twice on white card and once on DP so I could paper piece the dress portion of the image.

Using my paper piercing mat & tool I paper pierce the top & bottom of the blue strip going across my card. The "baby" sentiment was stamped on blue card and then punched out using my star punch and attached to the card with foam tape.

BTW did you see my new MFT watermark .... this was created my Sara Williams for all the MFT design team members .... how cool is that!

Recipe:
Stamps:
She's Having A Baby Set - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue - SU; DP - Unknown
Other: Black Ink; Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Certainly Celery Grosgrain Ribbon; Star Punch; Foam Tape

5 comments:

Sonia said...

Fantastic card, love it.

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Aww, this is really sweet!

Joyce said...

What a darling card. You did a super job!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card!! I love the colors, paper-piecing and the DP!

Renee said...

Cute! Love the prego woman! Your color scheme is awsome and so is the background! Great card!