Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Life's Simple Pleasures!

One of life's simple pleasures for me is to enough a barbie with some friends .... what could be better :)!

Today's card features another one of the stamp sets from Hanna Stamps which will be released this Friday 2nd May. This set is actually a mini set and is called "Patriotic Hanna" ready for the 4th July celebrations. Don't celebrate 4th July (well you know being an Aussie I don't) ... never fear because this stamp set is still useful for other occasions too. As you can see I didn't use Hanna in my card today, instead I decided to use the BBQ which is included in the set and create a card for a male. This is such a cute little BBQ and it fits perfectly onto the small tag punch from SU.

I used my distressed stripes cuttlebug embossing folder to create the texture to the bottom portion of my card. Once embossed I have sponged over the raised areas using black ink.

The sentiment used here is from Papertrey Ink.

Join us on the Hanna Stamps member forum of SCS for the release party Thursday 1st May at 9pm EST ....See some great preview peeks and participate in some fun prize challenges.

Recipe:
Stamps: Patriotic Hanna Mini Set - Hanna Stamps; Sentiment - Papertrey Ink
Paper: White; Black; Real Red & Basic Gray - SU
Other: Black Ink; Small & Large Tag Punches (SU); Red Brads; Distressed Stripes Cuttlebug Embossing Folder


4 comments:

Judy in Indiana said...

What a great idea. This is a great way to show off the grill. I love the colors and the manlyness of the card.

Unknown said...

This is such an awesome card...I love it!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

What a great idea to put the grills on tags! I love the sentiment you used, too!

Diane said...

Gorgeous card!!!Would be a wonderful invite to a BBQ.