Saturday, April 19, 2008

Top Banana!

It is Saturday here so for me that means time for another Beate's weekend sketch challenge, which is good cause everyone else has gone out so I can play undisturbed all day :). It too me a while to first decide what stamp I wanted to use today ... in the end I left the decision to a friend who said monkey as we had been talking about monkeys the day before .... so that is what I went with.

Another friend last night told me what the limited supply challenge was this week ... to make a tall or long card. When I saw Beate's sketch I decided that I could make the sketch longer so enabling me to do 2 challenges on one card. I am pretty sure the LSC challenge also required no DP ... which is fine as I had already decided to create my own for this particular card. I tend to have gotten lazier with all the fabulous DP's out there so it was nice to do my own for a change. After stamping and coloring my banana's & jungle leaves I used a sponge to sponge all over as I didn't want the stark white in the background.

I used my rectangle nestabilities to create the scallop layer for the monkey .... as it wasn't quite long enough I had to cut 2 rectangles and join them.

Recipe:
Stamps: Banana, Monkey Mike, Sentiment & Jungle Leaves - High Hopes
Paper: White; Chocolate Chip & Wild Wasabi
Other: Black Ink; Creamy Caramel SU Ink; Brown Brads; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon; Rectangle Nestabilities; Foam Tape

10 comments:

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

This is fabulous, Frances! I love your monkey AND the handmade DP!

Kari said...

So cute!!! Love everything about it!!

Stamp With Linz said...

Absolutely darling! Love that little monkey & the paper is perfect!

Tracy.H said...

So cute!! Love it! :0)

Jenn said...

So cute! I absolutely love the "monkey" theme.

Anonymous said...

Great card - love how you have created your own background paper!

Julia said...

This is the cutest little monkey! great job on the paper!!

Anonymous said...

This is just so cute!!! Love out the banana is *out-of-the-box*!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card, Frances! The backgrounds, the coloring the "banana sticking out" (sounds a little not stamping related, lol)
You rock! Have a great weekend
Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

Wow, this is amazing!! I love everything about it, but especially your handmade DP!