Sunday, August 31, 2008

All Aboard For Birthday Fun!

When I saw Beate's weekend sketch challenge this week, I decided it was perfect for this set from Stampin' Up.

My DH loves trains so I will probably use this for him some time ... or even change the sentiment to Father's Day and then I can use it next week ... as down here in Australia Father's Day is celebrated on the 1st Sunday of September.

I used my long rectangle nestabilites to create my scallop border. I didn't have a train related sentiment so I created this one on my computer and printed it out and punched using my oval punch.

I seemed to be in a red phase when I created this card because all the cards I made yesterday which includes this one used red card ... hehe!

This also fits for this week's OCC challenge over on the Our Creative Corner blog which is to make a birthday card.

Recipe:
Stamps: Circus Train - SU
Paper: White; Real Red & Ballet Blue - SU; DP - Unknown
Other: Black Ink; Red Grosgrain Ribbon; Long Rectangle Nestabilities; Oval Punch; Foam Tape; Copics


7 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your Birthday card Frances, thanks so much for playing.

Anonymous said...

Frances, your card is so cute! I love the fun colors, paper and set you used.
Thanks so much for playing! Hugs and smiles

Dawn Easton said...

Frances, this is so stinkin' cute!! I love that stamp...it's adorable1

Shirley said...

Love the colors and the design!

Charleen said...

I agree... the colors are great!

Catherine said...

great stamp for this sketch... i might have to CASE this =)

Unknown said...

Too cute!!! Love the fun colors on this!