Monday, August 18, 2008

Stamps'NCoffee!


Happy Monday to you all ... of course as you know Monday's mean that I get to show you the challenge I do with my CCEE friends each week.

This week is one of my favorite type of challenge I do with my CCEE friends and that is our CNFS ... Catchy Name Featured Stamper. Each month one of us select someone from SCS who has a catchy user name and we get to create a card around that name and then send that person the cards we have made.

This month I selected Stamps'NCoffee for our CNFS. The instructions for this challenge was to create a coffee themed card. If we could find some way to add something that looked like a stamp on our card then that would be an added bonus.

Well creating a coffee card was pretty easy for me as I have lots of coffee stamps .... even though I don't drink coffee. The coffee bean background paper was created using a serviette that I recently discovered I had in my stash of serviettes so I decided I had to try and incorporate that in my card. I also used Elzybells coffee word stamp on the pink card I used on the base of this.

Adding something that looked like a stamp was easy for me .... I have had these tiny stamp embellishments from Hero Arts for years now so of course I had to use one of them .... and it even was the right size so I could stamp my sentiment onto it ..... yahhhhhhhhh! Don't ya love it when everything works out the way you want it to.

The layout of this card is one I wanted to do a few weeks back for Jen of Iheart2stamps' SFYTT sketch challenge she posts each Saturday. I finally managed to get that one done ... another yahhhhhh!

Oh don't forget that you can also play along with our CCEE challenge if you like ... check out the deets and everyone elses cards on our CCEE Stampers blog.

Recipe:
Stamps: Coffee Cups & Sentiment - Impression Obsession; Coffee Words background - Elzybells
Paper: White; Chocolate Chip & Pretty In Pink - SU
Other: Black Ink; Close to Cocoa SU Ink; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon; Faux Stamp; Brown Brads; Coffee Serviette; Foam Tape


2 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

So cute Frances, love the way you did the background.

Unknown said...

Love it!