Monday, December 22, 2008

Blue Blue Christmas

Happy Monday everyone. Normally on a Monday I would be posting my card for a challenge I do with my CCEE Stamper friends. However with Christmas just around the corner we are taking a short break. If you enjoy playing our challenges each week ... pop on over to our CCEE Stampers blog, as we will be posting one of our older challenges for you to play along to.

Today I thought I would share some Christmas cards I created earlier in the year to send out to a few friends.

I just love the Elvis stamps that are available from Cornish Heritage Farms ... so of course when this one called Blue Christmas became available I just had to have it ... I created 3 variations for this card ... using the same supplies.

I used the snowdots cuttlebug embossing folder to create the texture on all my cards. Once I had embossed them I sponged over the raised areas with blue bayou SU Ink.


Recipe:
Stamps: Blue Christmas Elvis - Cornish Heritage Farms;
Paper: White; Blue Bayou - SU
Other: Black Ink; Blue Bayou SU Ink; Snowdots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Star Punch; Blue Bayou Grosgrain Ribbon; White Brads; Foam Tape



12 comments:

Regina Easter said...

this is stunning girl.....

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love all three variations Hoots!! Love your sketches, your embossed bg's, and your star sentiments!! AWesome!!

Cindy Haffner said...

I love your Elvis cards Frances, so cool.

DeeDee said...

Whoa Frances....look at your Elvis cards...these are wonderful!!!

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Hi Frances, great blue elvis cards! Your blog looks wunderful. Also all the things for your daughters wedding!! Looking forward to work together at the cutting cafe! Have a merry christmas and a happy, healthy and creative 2009!! Love from Holland,
Jacqueline

Anonymous said...

Francis, my sis in law would love this card! How orignal. They are awsome! Wishing you God's blessings this Christmas and in the New Year.
(Take peek at my new blog "http://stampsinc.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

These are all wonderful!! TFS

Christi Flores said...

Wow! I know several people who would DIE to have one of these cards. Fantastic!!!

Caroline said...

Frances, your Elvis cards are wonderful !!! What a great stamp !!!
I wish you a happy christmas and a healthy and creative 2009.
Caroline

CreativeMish said...

OMG! This is one of my favorite cards I've seen lately! LOVE IT!

reeree62 said...

Frances, I just love this card, all of the variations! I'll have u know that u ENABLED me big-time! I HAD to go over to CHF and order the blue christmas elvis stamp, AND a couple of other elvis stamps!!!! I just love the background elvis stamp, but I think they missed one..."elvis is in the building"..LOL just kidding!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Hi there! I'm slowly making my way to all of the blogs of The Cutting Cafe' team! I'm new on the team!! I love all of your cards, but I just had to leave a comment on this post! WOW! I mean seriously, WOW! This is STUNNING!! I love it! The color you selected is just perfect, I love the embossing, and that Elvis stamp is fantastic! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!