Sunday, February 15, 2009

$HOP!!

Hi everyone ... thanks for dropping by my blog today.

It is time for another challenge over on the Alota Rubber Stamps Paper Craft Planet Group, this week the challenge is hosted by Birgit Edblom. You have two weeks from today to participate in this challenge and you also have a chance of winning some wonderful stamps if you card is selected randomly from all the entries received.

Birgit lives in Sweden which is also the home of the very popular company "Ikea". So Birgit challenged us to use the cover of the 2009 Ikea catalogue for our Inspiration piece for our cards for this week's challenge. We could use the colors, details, the theme "The way you live", "new ideas,"new designs" or whatever came up in our minds! Of course we had to use Alota Rubber Stamps in our creations.

As soon as I saw this catalogue the first thing I noticed was the pink and black so I decided to create a pink and black card. I needed to select a stamp ... well I had already stamped out one of the new "girl" stamps that are named after the Design Team members and as it was also a shopping theme I thought that would work perfectly for my card ... she is probably just been shopping in Ikea and has bought lots and lots of new things ... probably storage items to store all her stamping supplies hehe. As it turned out when I checked to see what the name of the stamps I used was so I could tell you, I discovered that this one is named after Birgit (Girlfriend Birgit) ... now how perfect is that to use that one for her challenge ... that was definitely a fluke hehe!

I paper pieced the shopping bags using two different black & pink designer papers. I used JustRite stamps to create my sentiment down the bottom of my card.... I decided to use the $ sign in place of the letter "S" cause shopping means spending $$$$$$$ right hehe.

My card also incorporates a sketch challenge from Verve Stamps (VLVJan04) that I found on the Verve Stamps Member Forum of SCS.


Btw Alota Rubber Stamps have just released this brand new stamp set ... furniture unmounted plate ... I just love it and can't wait to get it so I can play. You can find it on the Alota Rubber Stamps site here.

Recipe:
Stamps: Girlfriend Birgit - Alota Rubber Stamps; Just Rite Font Set
Paper: White; Black; Pretty In Pink - SU; Pink Floral DP - DCWV; Polka Dot DP - Kaiser
Other: Black Ink; Black Grosgrain Ribbon; Black Brads; Black Jumbo Brad; Pink & Black Polka Dot Flower; Photo Corner Punch; Foam Tape; Copics



6 comments:

Tracey said...

I just love the combination of pink & black together. A lovely card Frances!

Cindy Haffner said...

Super job France.

Betty J Schaub said...

wonderful Frances! and I LOVE her shoes!!!

Cheryl said...

WOW!!! A really pretty card,love that DP with your image!!

Anonymous said...

The image is adorable and your card is soooo charming!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! I really love the colors and your polka dots!! :)