Friday, February 6, 2009

Strike!!!!!

Hi again Stampers!

I have another sneak peek for you all today using the new Bowling Hanna set that will be released by Hanna Stamps later today.

I am hosting one of the release party challenges over on the Hanna Stamps member forum of SCS. My challenge is to create a "Shaped Card" .... as you can see I decided to create a Bowling Pin shaped card for my card and used the stamps from the new "Bowling Hanna Stamps" to decorate the front of my card.


Here is another view of the front of the card ... I used clear epoxy circles and attached them over the word "BOWL" at the top of the card and also the bowling ball on the bottom.

For the inside of the card I used a sentiment from a bowling set I received for Christmas which was made by Clear Dollar Stamps ... it works well with the Bowling Hanna Set. Of course the image above the sentiment is from the Bowling Hanna Set.

I have included the template I used to create my card ... I was already thinking about a bowling pin shape for a card when what should arrive in with the junk mail but an ad on a bowling pin shape ... of course I kept this and traced it out. I then scanned it.

It was really taller than I really wanted it to be for my card so I inserted it into my Word program and then adjusted it to suit what I wanted .... I actually made it shorter but a little wider. If you wish to use this template ... download it to your computer first and then print it out.

Recipe:
Stamps: Bowling Hanna Set - Hanna Stamps; Bowling Set - Clear Dollar Stamps
Paper: White; Black
Other: Black Ink; Vintage Photo Distress Ink; Epoxy Circles;


7 comments:

Linda Carson said...

FABULOUS card Frances! My Mom & her bowling buddies would love it!

Cindy Haffner said...

What fun, so clever Frances.

Ginny said...

fran im LOVING this one!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow girl!! This is so cool!! I love the different shape! :)

Bonnie said...

WOWSA! Being a bowler and many of my friends are. This hit the JACKPOT in my book. TFS! This is the cutest ever.

Tracey said...

This is absolutely fantastic Frances!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing the bikini card template. I can't wait to see the look on my DH he gets my anniversary card!