Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Daddy's Little Girl ... Let's Blog Hop!

G'day and welcome to MFT Stamps new release blog hop! If you haven't landed on my blog from Cindy Haffner's blog then you may want to go and visit Kim MFT Lady's blog so that you can start at the beginning of the hop. You don't want to miss any of the wonderful creations the MFT Design Team have created for you to see today.

My card uses the new Stephanie Fizer "Nite Nite Ellie" which will be released by MFT Stamps after the release party later tonight. Isn't Ellie adorable ... the inspiration of this stamp set was Jen of Iheart2stamp blog daughter Ellie ... now isn't that just cool! $2.00 from each retail sale of this set for 6 months will be donated to St. Judes Children Hospital!

I used a recent SCS sketch challenge to create my card, Ellie pj's were paper pieced using the same designer paper that I used for the horizontal panel underneath the image. I stamped "Daddy's Little" & "Girl" onto my stars which I attached around the main panel of my image. There are a number of other sentiments you could use included in this stamp set including "Mommy's", "Angel" & "Princess".

Some of the MFT Stamps design team have created a special tips sheet that you can find over in the How's They Do That forum, so don't forget to visit that after you have finished blog hopping. I will be showing you how I use the scallop nestabilites and cut and piece them to make them shorter or taller to fit my images.

Well now it is time to leave my blog and hop on over to Holly's blog so you can continue on your blog hoping journey. Thanks so much for stopping by.


My Favorite Things is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, March 4th from 9-10 PM EASTERN. This month there are 5 new sets being released including a Who's that Girl who is hanging with her peeps!

Head over to the MFT forum on SCS to find out all the details and to find out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. We hope to see you there on Wednesday night.

Recipe:
Stamps: Nite Nite Ellie - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Almost Amethyst, Lavender Lace & Baja Breeze - SU; DP - Kaiser
Other: Black Ink; Baja Breeze SU Ink; Star Punches; Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Long Rectangles & Circle Nestabilities; Baja Breeze Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape; Copics



36 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Frances adorable, I love your colors.

B said...

So cute!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally fabulous Frances!!

Karen Motz said...

Love the colours...so pretty!

Christina Fischer said...

Frances, this is so sweet! I love the colors you used!

Amy Sheffer said...

Love your color combo, Frances! Sweet and so peaceful! Perfect for little Ellie!

Christi Flores said...

This is so sweet! I love the colors you used!

JessicaK said...

Great paper piecing, and the color combo fits in nicely with the night-night theme.

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous card! I love the soft colors! Awesome!

Kelli Hull said...

I am a TOTAL Purple LOVER.... This card is Sweet and just makes you say "awwwww!"

Betty J Schaub said...

Beautiful! The colors are so fresh and spring like, simply lovely.

Jilly said...

I love the colours, just perfect

Stampin Cats said...

I just realized this set would go so well with bunny slippers.

Tracey said...

Love the colours on this Frances! SO pretty!

Michelle Giraud said...

Those beautiful, soothing colors are just perfect for the Nite Nite Ellie card!

Kim said...

I love her Francis!!

StampinCathy said...

This is so pretty and just love the colors.

Carolyn King said...

so sweet! love the soft colors!

Swamp Tulip said...

I agree - the colors are perfect - so soft and pretty. See you at the release party. Can't wait to get my hands on this adorable set.

Teresa

Anonymous said...

This is the sweetest little card!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

SO sweet, Frances! I adore the colour combo on little Ellie!

Kerry Johnson said...

Adorable!! Love the colours and your tips in the HTDT thread were great!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors you used on this....ones I don't get out very much. Perfect job. I'll see you tonight at the party.

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

Wendi Hayes said...

Those colors are great. Just love it.

Anonymous said...

Such a cute image! Love your coloring and design layout!!

Anonymous said...

Very soft and pretty !

Anonymous said...

this is so cute! i love how you did the sentiment!

wendy said...

fantastic....love the colours!

America said...

precious image and colors and details!

Michelle said...

Beautiful soft colors.

Kelly said...

Wow, love the pretty colors!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute, Frances! I love her purple pj's!

Candice said...

Oh - this is SO sweet, Frances - beautiful colors!!

Anonymous said...

What a really fab color combination Frances!! I love your sketch design too!! :) TFS!!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Beautiful, just beautiful.