Saturday, March 7, 2009

Easter Wishes!

Hi everyone ... hope you are all enjoying you Saturday!

I have some news for you today ... I have been invited to join the Our Creative Corner design team! What fun! I am looking forward to playing the challenges each week with the other members of this talented team.

My card today is for this week's challenge which was to add doodling to our cards. It could be a hand written or hand drawn element. I don't do much doodling normally ... so this was kind of a challenge for me, but I liked what I finally came up with.

The cute little "Chick in Egg" & "Easter Wishes" are both available from Alota Rubber Stamps. I only inked up the centre portion of the sentiment to use on my card.

Of course I used my Swiss Dots cuttlebug embossing folder to create the texture on my base card. I am sure one day I will wear this folder out LOL, it has to be one of my favorites!

Recipe:
Stamps: Chick in Egg & Sentiment - Alota Rubber Stamps
Paper: White; Black; Sage Shadow - SU; DP - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Black Pen; Label Tag Die; Black Grosgrain Ribbon; Black Brads; Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Foam Tape; Copics



17 comments:

Vicki G said...

Congrats Frances!!! Sweet Sweet Card............Love your "Doodle" ,,,,,,,,,,,,hehe

Have a Great evening!

Vicki

Donna said...

wow Big congratulations Frances, you'll be a fantastic. Love this card. Donna x

Silke Ledlow said...

Welcome to the team - Frances!!! So happy you've joined!!! Love your *doodling* on the card - this is a super cute card!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

So pretty Frances, awesome doodling. Hee hee

Cindy Haffner said...

Forgot to say welcome to the OCC, so happy you have joined us. What fun!!!!

Marlou McAlees said...

your card is absolutely beautiful :)

Robin said...

Great doodling! It isn't my norm either, so I really struggled with what to doodle. Yours is perfect though!! I love this image and the way you colored it. And...I am going to eventually wear out my Swiss Dots too. I use it way more than any others. It is an honor to be working alongside of you on OCC!
Robin

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Frances! You'll be a wonderful addition.

Love this adorable card!!

Tracey said...

Congratulations Frances!! Love your card! Adorable!!

LorettaL said...

Frances, this little chickie is fabulous with the doodling (I never see doodling the same way again!! LOL!!). I love the whimsy of it! I'm thrilled to be working with you!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Welcome to the OCC Frances, can't wait to see your samples each week! Great card today, LOVE the fun doodles and adorable design!

Jennifer :)

Unknown said...

Congrats!! They're lucky to you have you and your talent! :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

sweet

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Fabulous coloring Frances...this card is just darling!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Frances! You'll be a super addition to their team. I always enjoy seeing your cards, and you are so helpful in your explanations! I only so wish I had a paper store within 150 miles, so I could find some of these gorgeous patterned papers you use!
Have a great week.
Gail S.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Hi Frances, I just saw this card on the OCC blog and had to pop in to tell you how CUTE it is! I'm so happy for you to be chosen as part of the OCC team. Much deserved!

Simone said...

What a wonderful card!!!
Simone