Sunday, May 3, 2009

Here Comes The Bride!

hanna-bride-wm

Hi everyone

I have two Hanna Stamps sneak peeks to share with you all today. This set along with the other new sets will be released by Hanna Stamps during the release party on Monday 4th May.

Starting with May, Hanna Stamps are having a retro summer. Retro summer will consist of Hanna Stamps regular released sets, and bringing back one of the old released sets into the mix. This will give the newer customer's a chance to see the old sets in a new light, and then give the customer's that already bought the sets a new way of using them. There will be a retro Riley and a retro Hanna set each month to go along with the new released ones. Hanna Stamps are going to include the retro sets/stamps in with the BUY IT NOW price bundle....another great way to save on those older stamps/sets. What if you already have those retro stamps and do not want to buy the BUY IT NOW bundle, but still want the special price for the new ones, we are going to have 2 BUY IT NOW bundles. 1. A BUY IT NOW bundle, and 2. A BUY IT NOW RETRO bundle. These BUY IT NOW bundles always saves you 15%.

This month the retro set being featured is “Bridal”.

For my first card I used the sketch challenge SC224 from a few weeks back to create my card. After doing all blue themed wedding cards last year because of my daughters wedding it was nice to be able to go with pink this time round. I used my Curved Rectangles Nestabilities for the layers of the main image. The white panel on the background was embossed using the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder.

hanna-special-day-wm

For my second card today I dry embossed the frame on my white card using a plastic stencil, with the stencil still in place I then sponged blush blossom SU ink over the raised areas. The glasses and sentiment were then stamped into each square using black ink. The lace layer was created by first cutting my square 1.5cm larger then the main panel square and then I used my lace doily punch to punch around the edge. I had to trim the corners a little to neaten them. This was then sponged using blush blossom ink. And finally layered onto the blush blossom card.

Recipe:

Stamps: Bridal – Hanna Stamps

Paper: White; Pink Pirouette & Regal Rose, Blush Blossom – SU

Other: Black Ink; Curved Rectangle Nestabilities; Lace Doily Punch; Stencil; Pink Flowers; Pink Brads; Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Foam Tape; Copics

4 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

these are GORGEOUS, Hootsie..wow

Cindy Haffner said...

Great idea with the retro stamps, love what you did with them.

Tracey said...

Gorgeous cards! I have never seen this set before. Love it!

Danni said...

Wonderful cards! I {heart} that first one, simply gorgeous!