Saturday, May 23, 2009

OCC – Sentiments!

occ-sentiment-wm

Happy Saturday everyone, it is time for another OCC challenge over on the Our Creative Corner Blog. This week we had to use a sentiment as the focal point of our card and also to include ribbon on our card.

I love these sentiments from Paper Inspirations, they have quite a number of sentiments for all sorts of occasions using the same format. I have at least 5 different ones, they are perfect for fronts of cards and also for the inside too. I also like using this Rose from Penny Black or any solid flower over the top of the sentiment. So of course that is what I did for my card today.

I stamped the sentiment and then used my labels 4 nestabilities to cut it out. While the die was still in place I stamped on my rose using my stamp positioner so that the rose was exactly where I wanted it. I cut two more label 4 pieces this time using kiwi kiss card cut them each in half and then attached them behind my white card.

The ribbon was a fluke, I had actually forgotten about that part of the challenge until I started writing this post …. phew just as well I added it ha *giggle*

Don't forget to check out the rest of the OCC Designers cards over on the OCC Blog.

Recipe:

Stamps: Sentiment – Paper Inspirations; Rose – Penny Black

Paper: White; Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red & Bella Rosa DP – SU

Other: Black Ink; Kiwi Kiss & Riding Hood Red SU Inks; Kiwi Kiss Grosgrain Ribbon; Lace Doily Border Punch; Labels 4 Nestabilities; Foam Tape; Copics

13 comments:

April said...

This card is stunning. Great layout and colors.

Lisa Foster said...

This is beautiful, Frances! I enjoyed chatting with you at the JLO launch the other night! I LOVE your work! You've always been such an inspiration to me! Hugs!
Lisa

LorettaL said...

Frances, this is such an elegant card! Red roses are always appropriate! Beautiful.

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

This is just perfect in every way, Frances!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful Frances.

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card - Frances!!! Love how you stamped the flower in the background!!!
Have a great weekedend!!! ~S~

Jenny Gropp said...

This is so elegant -- just love it!

Vicki G said...

This is so very elegant!!!! Hope you're having a great sleep!!!! I woke up to a little shock this morning.......lol!!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

classy...elegant

Simone said...

Such a wonderful card! Great colours!
Simone

Jennifer Meyer said...

Frances your card is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the gorgeous design and pretty dp, it's one of my favorites!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jennifer :)

Kristin Eberline said...

I saw this in the SCS gallery yesterday and thought it was wonderful! Now I know why...it belongs to you. Your work is amazing!

Susan G said...

Love this card. This is one of my favorite selections of DP. I looked VERY hard to find a seam where you pieced the kiwi kiss layer behind the sentiment and couldn't find one. How did you put together the pieces of the extra die cut to make the background layer?