Wednesday, June 3, 2009

We’re Grilling and Hopping Around The Block!

mft-grill-group-wm

Happy Wednesday everyone and welcome to my blog. It time to join the MFT Stamps “Sweet Sixteen” for another "Hop Around the Block"

Now if you didn't hop onto my blog from Jessie Rone’s blog then you might want to hop back to Kim's (MFT Lady) blog so that you can start at the beginning of the hop. You don't want to miss anything and there is lots to see!

I have a number of items to share with you today so this will be a fairly long post. All my projects today use the new “Who’s that Grillin’ Guy?” set … I just love this stamp set … it is perfect for those men in our lives. This set along with 2 other stamp sets will be available at MFT Stamps store after the release party which starts tonight at 8pm EST over on the MFT Member Forum of SCS.

Two new design team members will also be announced during the party that have been chosen from the MFT Stamping Idol final four contestants.!!!!!!! Also to be announced during the release party will be the winner of this month’s One Click Challenge, one lucky person will win the full release for free ... wow!

mft-grill-group-pail-wm

Ok now onto my projects for today, first up seeing that this is BBQ (Remember I am an Aussie and we call it all BBQ’s or barbequing here) related I thought I would put together a BBQ gift pack, men can be sooo hard to buy for but most of them love BBQing or Grilling right! I decorated the pail with some designer paper and attached the card to the front of the pail, attached some ribbon and voila you are ready to put in some BBQ supplies.

mft-bbq-grilling-wm

I also made a card which could be an invitation with the sentiment that I selected for this one … this set has lots of fantastic sentiments so it has many uses.

mft-bbq-apron-wm

My final project today is a BBQ Apron card … I layered the image onto black card and then scored a border around 3 sides of the black card and folded these to the back to create a pocket that will actually hold whatever you like … could be an invite, recipes, or even a serviette to be used as a place setting … there are sooo many possibilities!

Now it is time to head on over to the amazing Amy's Blog so you can continue on your Hop Around The Block. Enjoy the rest of the hop and thanks for dropping by!

Recipe:

Stamps: Who’s That Grillin’ Guy? – MFT Stamps

Paper: White; Black; Riding Hood Red & Washington Apple DP – SU

Other: Black Ink; Black Grosgrain Ribbon; Red Grosgrain Ribbon; Word Window Punch; Embossed Zigzag Border Punch; White Pail; Foam Tape; Copics

29 comments:

Unknown said...

This is SO fun! What a great set!

Christina Fischer said...

This set is fantastic, Frances! :)

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

oh how fun! this came out great, frances!

paula said...

Hey Francis,
I LOVE your set and that apron card is going in my file of ideas! I saw it on the HUB and LOVED it!! The colors are awesome as well!! {{ps, both my computers have not had an easy time pulling your comment box up, it's been freezing. Tonight it worked!! I am so not forgetting about you!!}}

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is awesome!! The whole set is wonderful Frances!! Love it!!

JessicaK said...

What guy wouldn't want that gift set :D

Amy Sheffer said...

Awesome set, Frances! Love the apron!!

Karen said...

This set has sold me ! I love it!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Fabulous set Frances!! Love that apron!! I thought all Aussies had *shrimp on the barbie*....*grin*
Ultra cool BBQ set my friend!!

Anonymous said...

oh goodness......this is an awesome set!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Super job Frances, love all your projects.

butterfly843 said...

Love the set you created!

Melody said...

What a creative idea! Love it Frances!

Gabby said...

Love this Frances! Super job!

Patti said...

A note to say hello


Ladybugsinthegarden.blogspot.com

Tanya said...

That is such a great idea! I love the colors you used too! The apron is absolutely to die for!

Tracey said...

This is a fantastic set Frances!! Love your work!

Michele Boyer said...

What a great set! That apron is too cute!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Super Cute Idea! Love that little apron:)

Candice said...

AWESOME set, Frances!! Love the colors and that apron card just takes the cake - it's perfect!!

Clean & Simple Crafts! said...

This has GOT to be my favorite!! I love this Grillin' Guy set!!
Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent!
Amy

Anonymous said...

WOWZER Frances!! Now this is just one waaaay too cool set!! I love it all!! ;)

StampinCathy said...

Fanatic set. I just love this creative and inspiring project.

Jody Morrow said...

AWESOME SET! I love it! A gift anyone would be elated to receive!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Frances, I love your BBQ gift pack and card.

Carolyn King said...

that is one fantastic grillin set!!! WTG frances!

hobbydiva said...

WOW!!! I absolutely love this!!! This set is now on my wish list!!!!

Melissa said...

Absolutely fabulous!

Many Blessings,
M.

carole (TruCarMa) said...

What an awesome gift set, Frances! You know, I think Kim needs to make a 'Throw another shrimp on the Bar-B!" sentiment just for you to use with this set... :)