Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

c4c-spooky-1-wm

Happy Halloween everyone, I hope you all have a spooktacular day! It is time for another challenge with the Crazy 4 Challenges girls!

This week our October challenge hostess Vicki Garrett has given us another great challenge! As it is Halloween today the challenge is “Very Scary - create our finest Halloween creations”.

Halloween isn’t as big a thing down here in Australia as it is up in the USA, but I do love creation Halloween projects. Every now and then we may get someone knocking at the door so my DD and I normally make sure we have some treats to give out just in case. But more often then not we don’t get any trick or treaters. Today being that Halloween falls on a Saturday maybe we will get some visit … I will find out in just a few more hours here hehe!

c4c-spooky2-wm I ended up creating two things for this challenge … first up my card using this cute digital image from The Greeting Farm “Penny Witch”, isn’t she just the cutest witch you ever did see hehe! I used the Martha Stewart Spider Web border punch to create the border at the top and bottom of my card.

C4C-Spooky-wm

I just couldn’t stop at just as card …. because I found these fun Halloween treats in my local shop …. I just love those eyeballs and that severed finger too LOL … so of course I needed a treat bag to hold them in. So I made a little one using one of my sizzix dies.

The fun thing about digital images is that you can print them out at whatever size you need so the witch on the basket is printed out a little smaller than that of the card so that it was the correct size of the basket.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the C4C Designers cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog.

Recipe:

Stamps: Penny Witch Digi Stamp – The Greeting Farm

Paper: White; Orange; Purple; Designer Paper

Other: Black Ink; Circle Nestabilities; Labels Nestabilities; Grosgrain Ribbon; MS Spider Web Border Punch; Sizzix Basket Die; Foam Tapes; Copics

aa-owl-signature

11 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh my gosh way to cute.

LORi said...

Too darn CUTE Frances!!! Love it!!

Spooky Hugs ~ LORi

Barbara said...

AWESOME set, Frances!!! Love it!

Unknown said...

awesome basket and card, frances! love, love, love that dp and your web border! :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

that mouse just makes me smile....great basket and card

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

What a FUn project, Frances!!! That image is just way too cute!!! Happy Halloween!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute project Frances!! Happy Halloween!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Boo-liciously cute!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Super duper cute *Halloween* card and candy bag - yummy!!! Hugs ~S~

Tosha Leyendekker said...

So fun and cute Cindy!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

YIKES!! I didn't mean to write Cindy. I saw her photo as I was scrolling down Hoots, wrote Cindy. After I hit enter I realized my mistake....so sorry!! :o(