Friday, December 11, 2009

Hello There!

SU-easel-matchbox1-wm

Hi all, I hope you are all enjoying your weekend!

A few weeks ago I was checking out the blog updates on my Google reader when I came across Alison of Stamping When I Can blog … she had a Me Likey post … and one of those items I definitely liked!!!

That link led me to “The Red Haired Girl” blog where she was showing her Easel Top Matchbook Box that she created. Wow! I needed a handmade gift to make to use as a gift exchange with a group of friend that I met up with each month to use for our Christmas Luncheon we had last week. As soon as I saw this idea I knew exactly what I was going to create and set to work!

SU-easel-matchbox2-wm

Elena had included a link with instructions on how to create the matchboxes using the scorpal, however as I had the Sizzix Matchbox Die I decided to use that to create my matchboxes. I tried to keep it all Stampin’ Up …. as I knew this is what my friends would want …. and did pretty well till I got to the finishing touches …. ooops! I know the girls who get this won’t mind that I strayed a little hehe.

SU-easel-matchbox4-wm

Here is another view of my easel matchbook box, I copied the idea of having the sentiment at the back of the box rather than on the front. For this version of easel card I think it is a great idea.

Recipe:

Stamps: Cheep Talk & Oval Alls – Stampin’ Up

Paper: White; Blue; Green; DP

Other: Black Ink; Blue Ink; Green Ink; Circle Nestabilities; Green Grosgrain Ribbon; Border Punch; Blue Brads; Cuttlebug Corner Die; Foam Tape

aa-owl-signature

8 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

This is fabulous Frances!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh my gosh Frances, this is FABULOUS!!

Danni said...

Wow!! This is awesome!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Holy cow is this ever the coolest HOOTS!! What a gorgeous box/easel card!! WOW!!!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

awesome....wow

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally awesome creation!!!

Jodie said...

I love your matchbox book!

Elena said...

Stuning Easel box! I love it so much!!! The colors are so vibrant, little bird is so cute!