Monday, March 1, 2010

An Alota Sketch Challenge!

Alota-St-pats-wm

Hi everyone,

Yes it is me again … it sure has been busy around here today LOL! Of course the 1st of the month means that it is challenge time over on the Alota Rubber Stamps blog. Our challenge hostess this week is Birgit Edblom. Birgit has a wonderful sketch challenge for us all to play along with.

Want to play along???? you can use any stamps you want, although if you have Alota Rubber Stamps we would love to see them on your cards.

You have until the 15th March (11.59 pm US Pacific time) to complete this challenge, you can enter as many entries as you wish for a better chance of winning!!! You have a chance of winning some wonderful stamps if you card/project is selected randomly from all the entries received.

I had so much fun with this sketch that I couldn’t stop at just the one card! For my first card I used Alota’s new “Lucky Leprechaun Man” & “Lucky Lucky Lucky Sentiment”, just perfect for those St Patrick’s Day cards which is just around the corner. I did flip the sketch to suit the layout of my image I wanted to use.

Alota-St-pats2-wm Here is the inside of my card, for this I used Alota’s “Pot of Gold” & “Irish You Sentiment”.

St Patrick’s Day Card Recipe:
Stamps: Lucky Leprechaun Man; Lucky Lucky Lucky Sentiment; Pot of Gold; Irish You Sentiment – Alota Rubber Stamps
Paper: White; Green; Origin DP – Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Green Brads; Tag Punches; MS Ironworks Border Punch; Foam Tape; Copics

Alota-Easter-happiness-wm

For my second card I used one of the cute Bunny Babies and sentiments from the new “Bunny Babies Unmounted Plate”, these are just sooooooo adorable! Again I flipped the sketch, but in a different direction to the first card I created.

Alota-Easter-happiness2-wm

Here is the inside of my card, using the sentiment included in the unmounted plate I used on the front of my card. Of course I just had to get that bunny border onto my card somewhere too hehe!

Skiss2  Here is the sketch if you want to play along. We would love to see what you created so don’t forget to leave a link to your card over on the Alota Rubber Stamps blog.

Recipe For Bunny Babies Card:
Stamps: Bunny Babies – Alota Rubber Stamps
Paper: White; Pink; Brown; DP
Other: Black Ink; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon; Pink Button; Curly Label Punch & Die; MS Grass Border Punch; MS Bunny Border Punch; Circle Punches; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

6 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh DARLING cards Frances. I see a MS border punch I think I have to have, I've never seen that one before.

scrapn_momof2 said...

Adorable cards. I just love the girl in the bunny outfit. Too cute!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable cards, Frances!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Darling cards Hoots!! Love what you did with the sketches and colors!

jjcreations said...

Wow you have been busy - these are all marvelous. I love all the different border punches you've used.

LORi said...

My goodness...that border is fab!!