Thursday, March 18, 2010

An Easter Inspiration!

MFT-CCEE-Easter-wm

Hi Everyone,

It’s challenge time over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. This month our challenge hostess for March,  Tosh Leyendekker has been tempting us with pics of food to use as our inspiration to create our cards. Anything goes...shapes, embellishments, styles... we have to create our card/project based on each week's photo. All the photos are from Williams-Sonoma.

TLL%20CCEE%20March%202010%20Challenge%20NestSo far this month when I looked at the photos of the food, I saw sketches. With this one I went a different way. With this week’s photo, I was inspired by the eggs and also the nest/basket that the eggs are in. So I created an Easter card.

I used MFT Stamps “Pure Innocence – My Basket of Eggs” to create my card, the basket the girl is carry reminded me of the container holding the eggs in the pic. Of course I had to get my Egg Nestabilities out again to play with them, so I stamps the girl onto my white card and then used the egg nestabilities to cut her out. I added the sky using my copic airbrush, and the grass is a Martha Stewart punch. The pale pink egg layer was also cut using the egg nestie and then I used my scallop scissors to cut around the edge of the darker pink card.

MFT-CCEE-Easter2-wm

For the inside of my card I die cut another egg shape from the pink card and added the sentiment that is included in the PI – My Basket of Eggs set.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps: Pure Innocence My Basket of Eggs – MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Pink; DP
Other: Black Ink; Egg Nestabilities; MS Traditional Eyelet Border Punch; Pink Grosgrain Ribbon; Button; Pink Candy Dots; Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Foam Tape; Copic Airbrush; Copic

aa-owl-signature

11 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

this is adorable Frances! You're doing great with those egg nesties!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Absolutely precious Frances! I love the egg shape! And the colors are so vibrant and fun!!

Shawne said...

That is just the sweetest, I love everything about it!

Vicki G said...

Oh my word Frances! I can't WAIT to get my Egg Nesties! I LOVE what you did with these!

Hugs

Vicki

Unknown said...

Cute, cute, SUPER cute! :)

Anonymous said...

She is so cute. I love those egg nesties.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Very sweet and cute, Frances! Love the vibrant pink!

Joanne (jojot) said...

she is so very precious.....I passed on the egg Nesties, but now I am thinkin' I might have been wrong...you are using them fabulously

Cindy Haffner said...

Frances she is PURE SWEETNESS!!

Sue from Oregon said...

oh so very sweet!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a pretty card frances-love the colors and dp you used