Thursday, June 3, 2010

Jolinne …. Let’s Hop & Shop!

MFT-Jolinne-Garden-wm

It’s release day over on MFT Stamps, which means it is time to join the MFT Stamps Design Team for another "Blog Hop and Shop!".

The hop started at Kim's (MFT Lady) blog so if you didn’t start from there you may want to head over there now so that you can start at the beginning of the hop. You don't want to miss anything and believe me there is lots to see!

Today I am featuring the new Jolinne stamp sets that is being released today:

Jolinne – In My Garden $15.95

For my first project today I decided to create what I call a “Seed Book”. Basically it is a little book which has pockets in each page to hold seed packets or sachets.

I also used the new MFT Die-namics Grass Die to create the grass at the bottom of the image and also on each of the pages.

MFT-Jolinne-Garden4-wm

Here is the 1st page of my book, as you can see I added one of the sentiments from the set. This set has a number of different flower or garden related sentiments which made it perfect for this book.

You can also see my pocket on the right hand side of my book, I used MFT’s Die-namic Scalloped Scallop Die to accent the pocket.

MFT-Jolinne-Garden3-wm

My little sachets I have included in my book aren’t actually seeds but perfume sachets, but as they are decorated with flowers I thought they would work with this book.

MFT-Jolinne-Garden2-wm

And finally the last page of my book … using yet another sentiment from the set.

MFT-Sweet-Hello-Book-wm

My second project today uses the new “Jolinne All Dressed Up” stamp set. Recently while I was out shopping I found a fun notebook that had a pen at the side of it. I loved the idea, so I purchased one which I then pulled apart so I could duplicate the idea to create my project today. The pen from the book didn’t match the colors I selected for my book so I found another small pen and then covered that with designer paper to co-ordinate with my project.

MFT-Sweet-Hello-Book2-wm

Here is another view of my notebook … you can see how the pop out piece of the book allows for a pen to be inserted into the book.

Well that is about it from me for today, now it is time to hop on over to the amazingly talented Christina Fischer's blog and see what awesome creation she has to share with you today.

Enjoy the rest of the hop and thanks for dropping by! Don't forget to leave comments on all the blogs, you never know who may be giving away blog Candy!!

Stamps: Jolinne In My Garden; Jolinne All Dressed Up – MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Pink; Red; DP – Basic Grey (Seed Book) White; Lilac; DP – Basic Grey (notebook)

Other: Black Ink; MFT’s Die-namics Jumbo Scallop Die; MFT’s Die-namics Scalloped Scallop Die; Nestabilities; Pink Ribbon; Brads; Foam Tape; Copics (Seed Book) Black Ink; Grosgrain Ribbon; Notebook; Pencil; Copics (Notebook)

aa-owl-signature

33 comments:

Dawn said...

So sweet Frances!

Erin Smetak said...

What awesome projects you have Frances!!!! I love them both! Seriously!

Amy Sheffer said...

Awesome projects, Frances! Love the seed book idea - what a great gift idea for a gardener!

Jodi Collins said...

These are BEAUTIFUL Frances!! LOVE them both!

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL projects Frances!!

Bonnie Lynn said...

ACK!!!!! How did you make that seed book?? That is totally awesome!!!! Shoot! Both books are awesome Frances.

Kimmarie Baker said...

Super cute girls! i love what you created. Great ideas!

Chris said...

Two great projects. Hey you went pink this time, better get that grandson over quick.

Michelle said...

Such gorgeous projects...that girl sure is a sweetie! Love your ideas!

Stampin_melissa said...

Wow! Your projects are stunning! I always enjoy seeing what you come up with!

g said...

your projects are always so fun & inspiring! love these little books-they're both so sweet!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What sweet and thoughtful creations! I adore the seed booklet! How brilliant! and the little notebook is adorable! Loving the colors!
hugs, margie

Gale said...

Great projects but that notebook is really spectacular!

Deborah Long said...

I love both your projects - beautiful work!

Kerry Johnson said...

These are both gorgeous Frances! I love what you've done with Jolinne!

Christina Fischer said...

Fantastic projects, Frances! That seed book is so great!!

Lisa H. said...

love sweet Jolinne! great colors and coloring!

Megan said...

Love that grass AND the little notebook. Cute.

Barbara said...

Awesome projects, Frances!! LOVE the seed packet holder and that notebook idea seriously ROCKS!

Sherrie said...

Both cards are beautiful! Love Jolinne's sweet dress!

Kirsty said...

Love both of these projects. So sweet, both of them.

Kelley said...

Great idea with the seed book. I'll have to keep that in mind for gifts. Love the colors on the notebook.

Julie said...

Gorgeous projects Frances!

Silli said...

Beautiful projects Frances... Love your work every day!

Jessica said...

I am in love with these projects! They are great!

Melody said...

Love this projects Frances! They make perfect little gifts!

Amy Rohl said...

Wonderful projects, Frances!

lilscrappers said...

I love that seed book idea. Tres talented!

Michele Boyer said...

These are both SO cute, Frances! I love your perfume sachet holder! Totally adorable and so creative! Love the little notebook too!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Completely fabulous!! Love them both!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

fab sachet book...and...that image is precious

Anonymous said...

Great projects and sweet images!

loyaz said...

Oh my, I love the new Jolines and you did a wonderful job with your creations. Thanks so much
DianeL
loyaz1@wbhsi.net