Thursday, January 13, 2011

Let’s Get Wild!!!!!!

MFT-MusicWild1-wm Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time again with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog.

This week it is again my turn to host the challenge. So let’s get wild!!!!!! This week we are going to create wild cards …. as in shape! These used to be popular some years back, and I have been revisiting this style of card recently here on my blog … you can see more by clicking on the wild card label under this blog post.

Basically wild card are an odd shape …. Instead of having parallel sides you will have sides that are on an angle.

For my card I decided to pull out one of my many templates I have for these style of cards … this one was designed by a company that is no longer in business. They called theirs Weird & Wacky Card templates.

I used the new MFT Stamps Inspired By Music stamp set to create my card. I also created a rosette at the top of my card using one of MFT’s newest die-namics the 1/4” Rosette Die …. I am loving this die and will be using it over and over for sure. One of the things I love about this die is that just by cutting down the length of your pieces are you have cut out the die you can get rosettes in all different widths to suit your project needs.

DieNamicsQuarterInchRosette

MFT-MusicWild2-wm

Here is the inside of my card. When my card was shut I traced around the front flap and then masked the part of the inside that didn’t show from the outside and then stamped the music notes along the side that did show from the outside.

The heart in the stamp set fits perfectly the die from the Stacking Hearts Die-namics set … so I cut out my die first. Inked up my stamp and turned it over so the stamped side is facing up and then carefully placed my heart over the stamp so it lined up perfectly.

hearts a plenty Die-namicsSMALL

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps: Inspired By Music – MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Burgundy; Pink; Vellum
Die-namics: 1/4” Rosette Die; Stacking Hearts Die – MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Brilliance Crimson Copper Ink; Aged Mahogany Distress Ink; Tattered Rose Distress Ink; Weird & Wacky Card Template – Amazing Creations; Circle Punch; Word Window Punch; Music Button; Burgundy Eyelets

aa-owl-signature

10 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS Frances!!

wannabcre8tive said...

So pretty and perfect in every way.

Kelli Hull said...

Oh now THIS IS SOOOOO PRETTY Frances!!!! I LOVE all that music-y-ness... PERFECT card and I GET IT!!! I figured out what you were talking about crooked card... JUST the front panel.... **light bulb moment** LOL SO glad you showed the inside of the card and THAT was the push me over the I get it edge!!!! ;)

Silli said...

Wonderful Franves...love the colors...and the dies!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Cool musical theme for your pretty card, Frances. I like the "music" brad(?) in the center of your rosette.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love this gorgeous music themed card Hoots!! I'm a huge music fan,and this is a beauty!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

fabulous and fun wild card...cool

Chris said...

Very cool card, it's fun, different and interesting. the rosette is yummy.

Jodi Collins said...

How BEAUTIFUL! LOVE that rosette!

Jessie/knightrone said...

How VERY pretty!!