Thursday, November 1, 2012

Faux Pressed Flowers

CCEE1244 PressedFlowers wm

Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time again with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Being a brand new month we have a new challenge hostess which is Vicki Gould.

For our first challenge this month Vicki has challenged us to use a technique called faux pressed flowers, if you haven’t tried this technique before you can find a tutorial for this on Splitcoast Stampers.

This is the first time I have used this technique, it is pretty easy and a good way of using up those prima flowers I have sitting here which I don’t use anymore as I have so many fun flower dies to use instead. Of course you could also use a flower made using a die if you wanted too.

For my card I used an old flower stamp set I have had for some time from Paper Inspirations. I stamped the flower using green ink onto my card and then adhered my prima flowers. Embossed it and it was ready to create my card.

CCEE1244 PressedFlowers2 wm

Here is the inside of my card, I added the sentiment onto the designer paper panel which leaves the white piece free to write my message to whoever will get this card.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps: Brushed Flowers & Birthday Joy Calligraphy – Paper Inspirations
Paper: Cream; Grey; Pink; Fiddlesticks DP – My Mind’s Eye
Other: Black Ink; Green Ink; Prima Flowers; Pearls; Ribbon; Butterfly; Lace; Foam Tape

#aa-owl-signature

9 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

So BEAUTIFUL!~

Benzi said...

So pretty,Frances, using this fun technique.

Lois said...

Pretty card, Frances. I especially like that filmy butterfly.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Beautiful, Frances! You're right that this is a great way to use up all those flowers we've had on hand that are not being used.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

How beautiful with these fabulous colors, Frances!

Kathy Bradley said...

Frances,
Beautiful and elegant card - and lovely colors! I tried using up my Primas too - but I just couldn't get my flowers pressed - even used an extra shim!

Joanne (jojot) said...

LOVE your flower panel...really gorgeous

Sabrina said...

That is SO pretty, Frances. I can't believe it's your first try - I don't think I even ever posted mine! That's a beautiful little butterfly, too.

Vicky Gould said...

Awesome, Frances! I love the colors, that awesome butterfly and your pretty layout!