Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Little Gardener …. MFT New Product Tour Part 2

MFT-PIGardenerAccordion-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s release day over on MFT Stamps, which means it is time to join the MFT Stamps Design Team for our New Product Tour! All the new products are available My Favorite Things on April 9th at 10 PM EST.  You will be able to find them all  together in the Brand Spankin' New category of the MFT Stamps store.

Head on over to the MFT blog for all the release details, prize information, and to find out which Design Team members have blog posts for todays New Product Tour.

NewProductTour

Be sure to head on over to the MFT Stamps Blog so you can find all the release details, prize information, and inspiration about this release.

MFT-PIGardenerAccordion-wm

Today I am showcasing the new Pure Innocence Little Gardener Stamp set.

I have two cards to share with you today, for my first card I have used the Pure Innocence Little Gardener stamp set and the new Die-namics Mini Album Bracket STAX to create an Accordion card.

To create my accordion card I die cut the second largest shape from the Die-namics Mini Album Bracket STAX twice from Orange Fizz card. I used one of the borders from the Laina Lamb Designs – Border It – Mod Borders stamp set to create my background on these pieces using Orange Fizz ink.

The white piece was cut using the second smallest shape and smooth white card. To create my grassy area on the bottom of this panel I used the Die-namics Snow Drifts to cut a mask out of card and then used the new Factory Green ink which I sponged to the bottom area. The sky area I air brushed using my copic markers and the Die-namics Wonky Scallop Border for my mask.

The flower on the lower right hand corner of my card was created using the new Lisa Johnson Design Sweet Roses stamp set and Die-namics Roses and Leaves set.

MFT-PIGardenerAccordion2-wm

Here is the inside of my accordion card. As you can see I have again used the Lisa Johnson Design Sweet Roses stamp set and Die-namics Roses and Leaves set.

To create the white piece inside my card I cut a piece of white smooth card so it was 3 1/4 inches wide. This was scored at 3 1/4 inch intervals. I need to cut another piece 3 1/4 inches square to add to the fourth panel at the end.

MFT-PIGardenerAccordion3-wm

Here is a closer look at the side side of the inside of my accordion. The Roses were all created using smooth white card. I stamped the outline of the roses and leaves first onto my card using Licorice Black Ink and then over stamped with the solid stamp of the same image using either Lemon Drop Ink, Orange Fizz Ink or Factory Green Ink. Once I had inked all the pieces I used the coordinating die Die-namics Roses & Leaves to die cut each piece.

MFT-PIGardenerAccordion4-wm

Here is a close up view of the right side of my accordion card. Basically everything on this side is the opposite of how it was placed on the other side.

Both sentiments on the inside of the card are included in the Lisa Johnson Design Sweet Roses stamp set.

Stamps: Pure Innocence Little Gardener; LJD Sweet Roses; LLD Border It Mod Borders – MFT  Stamps
Paper: Smooth White; Orange Fizz – MFT Stamps
Die-namics: Mini Album Bracket STAX; LJD Roses & Leaves – MFT Stamps
Other: Black Licorice Ink (MFT); Lemon Drop Ink (MFT); Orange Fizz Ink (MFT); Factory Green Ink (MFT); Pearls; Foam Tape; Copics

MFT-PILittleGardener-wm

For my second card today I have used the Pure Innocence Little Gardener stamp set and the Die-namics Blueprints 2 set to create my card. I have also used the largest rectangle piece from the Die-namics Blueprints 1 set so I could have my three layers I like to have when creating a card.

I have used Smooth White card, Orange Fizz card and Razzle Berry card to create this. Along the top and bottom of the smaller designer paper panel I have added one of the borders from the Die-namics Open Simply Scallops Trio set.

I used the tag (which I cut smaller) from the Die-namics Blueprints 2 set and some Hemp Cord for my sentiment.

To embellish my card I added one of the roses from the Lisa Johnson Designs Sweet Roses stamp set & LJD Die-namics Roses & Leaves set. The ink used on the roses are Black Licorice; Lemon Drop and Factory Green.

MFT-PILittleGardener2-wm

Here is the inside of my card. I added one of the sentiments included in the Pure Innocence Little Gardener stamp set which was stamped using Orange Fizz ink.

Along the bottom of the card I added a couple of elements from the Die-namics Blueprints 2 set.

Stamps: Pure Innocence Little Gardener; LJD Sweet Roses – MFT Stamps
Paper: Smooth White; Razzle Berry; Orange Fizz – MFT Stamps; My Girl DP – My Mind’s Eye
Die-namics: Blueprints 1; Blueprints2; Open Simply Scallops Trio; LJD Roses & Leaves – MFT Stamps
Other: Black Licorice Ink (MFT); Orange Fizz Ink (MFT); Factory Green Ink (MFT); Lemon Drop Ink (MFT); Pearl; Hemp Cord; Foam Tape; Copics

Here are the MFT products used on my cards today. Please note that the links to the new release products will not work until they are available in the MFT Store at 10 PM.

#aa-owl-signature

19 comments:

Natalie said...

Sweet PI cards, beautiful accordion album!! Very nice work.

Gypsy 2 said...

Great ideas thank you Frances.Love the way you have sponged the hills on your first card.

fairie said...

Very cute cards

Alina said...

beautiful cards, Frances, gorgeous colours!

Inge Groot said...

Gorgeous creations Frances, love the accordion card...sweet!

Tracey said...

Absolutely fabulous Frances! The accordion card is wonderful!!

zehra said...

Beautiful cards, very pretty

Cindi said...

Beautiful cards! I love the accordion shape and your bright colors are so pretty!

Lisa H. said...

beautiful cards, Frances. LOVE the fun tri-fold on the first one. those flowers on the inside are such a pretty surprise.

Diana Soling said...

Both of your projects are beautiful. I love the color choices and the roses on the book are wonderful!!

wendy said...

gorgeous Frances, love your stamped background too

Unknown said...

Love your cards, the accordian is beautiful!

stampingbowd said...

Wow! Stunning little album card!!! The flowers are SOOOOOO pretty!! Super cute card! Love this blueprints! So much fun!

StephInOK said...

Love your cards! And the album card is to die for!

Jodi Collins said...

These are fabulous Frances! LOVE the fold on your first card!!

Tammy H said...

Nice cards. Really enjoying the orange color schemes. So unusual for me. Thanks for sharing.

Joann said...

Love the orange color! I'm definitely going to try to make an accordion card...love it!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh I love her and I cannot wait to get mine in the mail! Love the colors and the great design.

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a sweet little gardener