Monday, April 15, 2013

MFT April Release Rewind

MFT-ALMReflections2-wm

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the MFT Stamps April Release Rewind featuring new release products which are available now for purchase in the MFT Stamps Store.

Head on over to the MFT blog so you can see the list of Design Team members who have something to share with you today.

NewRelease_BlogTitle

For my first project today I created a card using à la modes Reflection stamp set, I paper pieced the girls skirt using designer paper.

For the base of my card I used the new Die-namics Mini Album Bracket STAX. I folded a piece of Blu Raspberry card in half and placed the fold just inside the cut line on the top of the die so it didn’t cut the card and I had a folded card in this shape. I also used the die to cut a piece of designer paper and Razzle Berry card, which I trimmed down and layered on top of the base card.

Before I added the the layers to my base card I added one of the border stamps to the Blu Raspberry base using Sno Cone ink. The oval panels, sentiment panel and Razzle Berry pieces on the side of the card was created using the Die-namics Blueprints 2 set.

MFT-ALMReflections1-wm

Here is a close up of a few of the elements I used on the front of my card.

MFT-ALMReflections3-wm

Here is the inside of my card. For the white panel I used the Die-namics Mini Album Bracket STAX again to cut out the shape, trimmed it down to the size I need and layered a couple of strips of Razzle Berry card.

I added the sentiment using Blu Raspberry ink.

Stamps: à la modes Reflection; LLD Border It Mod Borders – MFT Stamps
Paper: Smooth White; Blu Raspberry; Razzle Berry – MFT Stamps; My Girl DP – My Mind’s Eye
Die-namics: Blueprints 2; Mini Album Bracket Stax – MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Black Licorice Ink (MFT); Blu Raspberry Ink (MFT); Sno Cone Ink (MFT); Rhinestones; Foam Tape; Copics

 

MFTApplePaperClip-wm

For my second project today I created an Apple Paperclip  Bookmark and I also created a holder for it as well so it could be given as a gift.

MFT-Apple-PaperClip2-wm

For the bookmark I used a jumbo paperclip and die cut two Die-namics Red Delicious using Electric Red card, Hot Fudge card and Sour Apple card. which I adhered to either side of the paperclip using hot glue and foam tape.

For the #1 I used Black Licorice card and the Die-namics Bottom Line Numbers and Symbols set.

MFT-Apple-PaperClip5-wm

Here is a side on look at the bookmark so you can see the apples attached to either side of the paperclip.

MFTApplePaperClip5

For the holder for the box I used Black Licorice card. For the back of the holder I cut my card 7 1/2 inches x 2 1/2 inches. Around the edge of the card I added the Die-namics Squiggle Border trimming at the corners where the border met. I also cut another piece of Black Licorice card the same size as the first to hid the back where I had added the border.

MFTApplePaperClip6-wm

For the box part of the holder I used the Die-namics Scalloped Treat Box once I had put the treat box together I cut an additional piece of Black Licorice card 2 1/2 inches by 2 inches. Along the 2 inch side I scored at 1/2 inch either end … cut a slit in the centre panel to hold my paperclip and then attached this piece to the inside of the treat box.

I then used the Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX and Die-namics Fishtail Flags Layers STAX for my sentiment which is from the Clearly Sentimental about Teaching stamp set.

MFTApplePaperClip4-wm

Here is a side view of my Apple Paperclip Bookmark in it’s holder.

Stamps: Clearly Sentimental About Teaching – MFT Stamps
Paper: Smooth White; Black Licorice; Electric Red – MFT Stamps; DP – Kaisercraft
Die-namics: Fishtail Flags; Fishtail Flags Layers; Red Delicious; Scalloped Treat Box; Bottom Line Numbers & Symbols – MFT Stamps
Other: Black Licorice Ink (MFT) Jumbo Paper Clip; Foam Tape

Here are the MFT Products I used on my projects today:

#aa-owl-signature

13 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh these are fabulous, love the dp and the fabulous designs.

Inge Groot said...

Love the shaped card with ALM and the apple creations are looking fabulous too!

wendy said...

just fab Frances!

Jody Morrow said...

Very cute. The paperclip creation is clever. :)

Barbara said...

Adorable card and I LOVE that paper clip and holder, Frances!!

Sherrie said...

Both projects are super cute...I love that shaped card!

Karen Giron said...

So fun, Frances! I love the giant apple clip - too cute!

Kim said...

Very cute card and project Frances!

Lisa H. said...

A+ on both of these! looove the ALM and your sweet little box is fantastic!

Sarah Gough said...

The box for your bookmark is SO cool!

scrappingnana said...

Love your pretty card, and the bookmark is fabulous.

Cindy Haffner said...

These are FAB Frances!!~

Joanne (jojot) said...

fabulous creations, Hoots