Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hi There

CHF-RippedMarblePeaceLight-

Hi everyone,

It’s the first CHF non challenge week of the month which means that this week is Thomas Kinkade week where each of the CHF Design Team will be featuring one of the Thomas Kinkade stamps on their blogs. You will need to keep an eye on the CHF DT’s blogs during this week as we won’t all be posting on the same day, but rather on a day that suits us depending on what other stuff we have to blog that week.

Each month I am attempting to use a different technique for my Thomas Kinkade card and this time round I have used the Ripped Marble Technique to create my card.

This is another great technique to use with your stamps if you love Thomas Kinkade stamps but don’t like coloring them in.

I stamped my image The Light of Peace using black ink onto 3 different colored card. I like to use different colors in the same color family but you could use completely different colors if you preferred.

The darker color card is the base color and this image remains in one piece as the base. Next take the middle color and tear the edges on either side (tear so you still see the ink rather then the torn paper) and adhere this over the base card. Finally take the lighter color piece and tear this as before and place that also over the image. It’s a little like spotlighting but with a bit of a twist Smile

To finish my card I added a sentiment from the Script Essential Expressions stamp set.

 

Stamps: The Light of Peace; Script Essentials Expressions – Cornish Heritage Farms
Paper: Black; Light Blue; Mid Blue and Bright Blue
Other: Black Ink; Hemp Cord; Blue Eyelets

 

#aa-owl-signature

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

Oh...I like that technique with that stamp......I can never color my TK stamps, so I look for ways to use them without coloring