Saturday, September 14, 2013

Snowy Christmas

C4C204-RibbonTree1-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. This week our September challenge hostess Cindy Haffner continues to bring us a fun challenge.

For our challenge this week Cindy has challenged us to create a card that is White on White, it may have a colored image if you wish.

C4C204-RibbonTree3-wm

About a month ago Karen Burniston shared a video tutorial on how to create a floating floor using the Sizzix Pop N Cuts Ribbon Tree insert. I decided to use her tutorial to create my card for today’s White on White challenge.

C4C204-RibbonTree2-wm

For my card I used a combination of white card stock and white glitter paper to get the white on white effect. We were allowed to use color on our images if we wanted so I did add the orange to the carrot noised of my snowmen. The snowmen are from the Warmest Wishes Stamp/Die set from There  She Goes.

To get the layers on the ribbon trees, I used the coordinating Sizzlits die which is included in the Noel Sizzlits set.

C4C204-RibbonTree5-wm

Here is another view of the inside of my card this time from over the top so you can see all the elements I used on the card. This isn’t the easiest card to photograph.

C4C204-RibbonTree-wm

And finally let’s not forget the front of the card which is the first thing the recipient sees when they get the card. Again I kept everything in shades of white using a combination of the white card and white glitter card.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Stamps: Warmest Wishes – There She Goes
Paper: White; White Glitter Card
Other: Sizzix Pop N Cuts A2 Base Die; Sizzix Pop N Cuts Ribbon Tree Insert; Sizzix Noel Sizzlits; Sizzix Hello Friend Embossing Folder; Cheery Lynn Merry Christmas Die; Oval Nestablities; MFT Die-namics Icicle Border; Memory Box Frostyville Border; Pearls; Foam Tape; Copics

 

#aa-owl-signature

6 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful job on my challenge Frances, sorry I couldn't join everyone!!

Karen B said...

Love it! The snowmen are awesome!

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

It's a white Christmas, such pretty die cuts you have used.

Michele Boyer said...

This is so cute, Frances. You are so creative (and adventurous) with your fancy folds and pop ups. I always love them. :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

absolutely adorable and amazing

Betty Wright said...

Love the design and style! Beautifully done, Frances!