Monday, February 10, 2014

Baby Girl!

BabyHeartPivot-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s time for our very first Karen Burniston Designer Challenge for 2014 and I am excited to be part of this awesome Design Team, the designers are so talented!!!
Check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen Burniston will have another of her amazing video tutorials for us.

This time round Karen has asked us to use one of the three new Pivot Card Dies designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Crafts Designs…. Katie Label Pivot Card; Butterfly Pivot Card and Heart Pivot Card.

As you can see by the photo above I decided to use the Heart Pivot Card die set for my card today. When I thought about hearts and love I decided to create a Baby card … babies equal love in my book!

For the front of my card I used Tilda’s Family stamp from Magnolia Stamps.

On the right edge of my card I used one of the edges from the Agatha Edges set to create the shaped edge. I also created the white border using the same die, I took a scrap of white card and used the edge die to cut once and then I placed the die about 1/8” down from the top of what I had already cut and ran that through my Big Shot to create the edge.

BabyHeartPivot2-wm

Here is the inside of my card. The hearts layered on top of the Pivot Hearts are also included in the Pivot Heart Die set. For the top pink heart I used an embossing folder (Karen Burniston/Sizzix Swirls Embossing Folder) to emboss the hearts.

I used the fishtail banner included in the Lots Of Pops Pop-Up Die set for the sentiments on each heart.

BabyHeartPivot3-wm

Here is a close up of the left hand inside of my card. Along the left edge I used the flourish from the Agatha Edges die set to decorate the edge.

BabyHeartPivot4-wm

Here is a close up of the right hand inside of my card. I added a sentiment to the lower portion of the card.

BabyHeartPivot6-wm

Here is what the back of my card looks like. Not many cards look pretty on the back!

BabyHeartPivot5-wm

And one last photo of my card, this time from the top so you can see more details of my card.

If you are looking to purchase Karen’s Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Photo Continental.
The new dies arrived in the store last week Smile


Don’t forget to check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month. I will also be back tomorrow with another Pivot card to share with you.


Stamps: Tilda’s Family – Magnolia Stamps; Baby Set – Fiskars; A Baby Is … – Print Works; Bear – All Night Media
Paper: White; Pink; Fruit Tingle DP – Kaisercrafts
Pop It Ups Dies: Heart Pivot Card; Agatha Edges; Lots of Pops Pop-Up – Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Pink Ink; Karen Burniston/Sizzix Swirls Embossing Folder; Pink Rhinestones; Foam Tape; Copics
#aa-owl-signature

4 comments:

Karen B said...

It's so pretty, Frances! I just love that you used the heart for a baby card. A perfect use!

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

OH I like how you used KB's Swirls die on the hearts.

Joanne (jojot) said...

love the border/edge on the front...fab fancy fold card

Karen Aicken said...

Such a sweet baby card, Frances! Those images are heartwarming.
Cheers
Karen A