Saturday, February 1, 2014

Birthday Butterfly!

C4C221Butterfly2-wm

Hello everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Being a brand new month it is time to introduce our challenge hostess for February, Kristine Reynolds.

This week Kristine has challenged us with a Color Challenge with Stripes …. In a month full of red and pink cards let’s play with some other colors! Let’s have some fun today using Purple, Blue, and Green and for an added challenge I want to see stripes somewhere on your creation.

For my card today I have created a Pivot card using Karen Burniston's Butterfly Pivot Card die from her Pop it Ups for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I am having so much fun creating with these fun new dies Smile. This die set comes with the butterfly pivot die to create the pivot card itself and five decorator pieces … which are the butterfly pieces on the centre of the pivot butterflies.

C4C221Butterfly4-wm

To create the smaller butterflies on my card I used the Butterfly Accessory Die set. For the fishtail banner the Happy Birthday is stamped on is from the Lots of Pops Pop-Up die.

C4C221Butterfly5-wm

Here is another look at the left hand side of my card when open.

C4C221Butterfly-wm

For the fancy edge on the right side of the front of my card I used two dies from the Agatha Edges set. I love that flourish which helps decorate the card.

C4C221Butterfly3-wm

And here is the back of my card, love how the back can look as pretty as the rest of the card.

Butterfly Pivot card

Butterfly Accessory

Agatha Edges

Lots of Pops Pop Up

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

  • Anja de Regt
  • Barbara Anders
  • Betty Wright
  • Heather Pulvirenti
  • Helen Cryer
  • Jessie Rone
  • Joanne Grzelak
  • Kelli Hull
  • Kristine Reynolds
  • Peggy McCurry
  • Danielle Lounds (February Guest Designer)
  •  

    Stamps: Out To Lunch (sentiment) – Art Impressions
    Paper: Blue; Utopia DP – Kaisercraft
    Pop It Up Dies: Butterfly Pivot Card; Butterfly Accessory; Agatha Edges; Lots of Pops Pop-Up – Karen Burniston/Elizabeth Craft Designs

     

    #aa-owl-signature

    5 comments:

    Karen B said...

    Wow! I really love this color scheme and am particularly partial to stripes. Fabulous make!

    Betty Wright said...

    This is fantastic, Frances! Love the card design and details. Beautiful!

    Peggy said...

    I just love to see what you do with the "Pop" cards! Fabulous butterfly card today!

    Karen Aicken said...

    Oh Frances - this is so pretty! I love all those BUTTERFLIES.
    Cheers
    Karen A

    Joanne (jojot) said...

    very cool butterfly card.....they really 'flutter'