Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Buzzin’ With News For You!

KatieLabelPivotBee-wm

Hi everyone,

As promised yesterday I am back today with another card for Karen Burniston’s Designer Challenge.
Check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen Burniston will have another of her amazing video tutorials for us.

This time round Karen has asked us to use one of the three new Pivot Card Dies designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Crafts Designs…. Katie Label Pivot Card; Butterfly Pivot Card and Heart Pivot Card.

For my card today I have used the Katie Label Pivot Card die to create a bee themed card.

I decided to keep the edges of my card today straight and just rounded the corners. But I did use the flourish from the Agatha Edges die set to decorate the right side of my card. I couldn’t decide whether I wanted a yellow flourish or a black flourish so I die cut both and while playing to see which I liked the best decided to layer them so you can see a little of the black flourish peeking  from the yellow flourish.

The white oval and black label for the sentiment are both from the Katie Label Pivot Card die set. I love that these dies have various labels that we can use to go with the card we are making.

KatieLabelPivotBee2-wm

Here is the inside of my card. On the label on the left hand side (with the bees) I used the largest label included in the Katie Labels Pivot Card set to cut the white and then cut two of the same label from black and cut that apart to create the black layer so it would have the same look as the labels on the right.

The labels on the right (with the sentiment) use the two larger labels from the Katie Labels Pivot Card set.

KatieLabelPivotBee3-wm

Here is a close up of the left hand inside of my card. The bees are a couple of stamps I have had in my stash for a number of years.

KatieLabelPivotBee4-wm

  Here is a close up of the right hand inside of my card. I added a beehive to the bottom right side of my card.

KatieLabelPivotBee5-wm

Here is what the back of my card looks like. I like how the back can also have a little bit of interest for this type of card.

KatieLabelPivotBee6-wm

And one last photo of my card, this time from the top so you can see more details of my card.

If you are looking to purchase Karen’s Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Photo Continental…. the new stock arrived last week!
 
Don’t forget to check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.

Stamps: Bees – Montarga Rubber Stamps; Buzzin’ With … – Peddlars Pack; Bee4Me –  The Stamps of Life; Beehive – Darcie
Paper: White; Yellow; Black; Steampunk Spells DP – Graphic 45
Pop It Ups Dies: Heart Pivot Card; Agatha Edges – Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics



#aa-owl-signature

6 comments:

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Love those buzzy bees & that color combo.

Joanne (jojot) said...

this couldn't 'bee' any sweeter

Karen B said...

I adore this card! That color shame is perfection and there's just so much fun and energy to it. Love, love, love!

Karen Aicken said...

You do Bees better than anyone else I know. Wonderful card!
Cheers
Karen A

Steph Ackerman said...

Love, love these dies and your card is delightful.

dyeandpigment said...

Just love your color combo and the rounded corners suite the theme very well.