Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge Day 2

KBDCWilliamAccord2-wm

 

Hi everyone,

As promised yesterday I am back today with another Accordion Photo Album for Karen Burniston’s Designer Challenge.

Check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen Burniston will have another of her amazing video tutorials for us.

This time round for our theme Karen has asked us to create Photo Accordion Albums - here's your chance to show off the people you love or your favorite things or your ancestors or garden or pets or . . . doesn't matter. Make an Accordion Album that showcases at least one photo. Any length album, any shape album ,any theme album, but get a photo or photos on there!

Yesterday my Accordion Photo Album featured my Granddaughter Hayley (if you missed that post scroll down to the next post), so today I have created an Accordion Photo Album featuring my Grandson William.

Over the past few months, William’s Grandpa (my DH) and William’s Dad have been building a cubby house for the two kids. Last year it was stage 1 which was the main cubby house and they have just finished stage 2 which included a walkway to a slide and the slide. My youngest daughter, William’s Aunt found this cute kids Carpenter set recently which included toy tools and a tool belt, just like his Grandpa’s so when they started stage 2 of the cubby we gave this to William … he looked so cute and it was so funny seeing him trying to hammer nails into hardwood.

For my Accordion Photo Album today, I have used two photos I took on that day. My album combines two Accordion Card die sets…..  the Oval Accordion Card and the new Katie Label Accordion Card both designed by Karen Burniston’s for Elizabeth Crafts Designs.

The Katie Label Accordion Card set will be released by Elizabeth Crafts Designs in July so watch out for it in your local stores. I was sooooo excited when Karen told us about the new Katie Label Accordion …. the label dies included in the set are different sizes to the Katie Label Pivot so we can mix and match the labels from both sets. But the most exciting for me is that I could use it to create combo Oval/Katie Label Accordion Cards as I have for my project today.

KBDCWilliamAccord3-wm

To create my Accordion Photo Album I die cut two Oval Accordion Card pages from red card and three from wood grain designer paper. I removed the center ovals and tabs from the wood grain pieces and adhered this to the red pages so it looked a little like William’s wooden cubby house.

I also die cut two Katie Label Accordion Card pages from Navy card and added stitching around the edge using a white chalk pen.

The screws at the top of my wood grain pages were brads, but I didn’t want to be punching holes and adding long brad ends to my album so I cut off the ends and attached the brads using foam tape.

KBDCWilliamAccord4-wm

I embellished the Accordion Photo Album using various tool stamps I have in my collection.

I wanted to add some wording to the two Katie Label Pages so stamped four wooden signs (I had to double stamp them so I could shorten the signs. And then I used some black Alphabet Peel-off stickers which really added the look I wanted for this album.

KBDCWilliamAccord-wm 

And finally the front of my Photo Accordion Album when it is closed. I must admit that when I first saw this challenge, I wasn’t sure about it as I don’t really do things with Photos. But I have to say I really enjoyed creating both of my Photo Accordion Albums and love how they turned out … of course they both have my favorite boy and girl on them Smile.

If you are looking to purchase Karen’s Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Photo Continental.

Don’t forget to check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month. I will also be back tomorrow with another card to share with you for this challenge.

 

Stamps: Wood Sign – Ann-ticipations; Ladder – Custom Made; Saw – Darcies; Others – High Hopes Stamps
Paper: White; Photo Paper; Navy; Red; Vintage Woodlands DP - Merci
Dies: Oval Accordion Card; Katie Label Accordion Card – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; White Chalk Pen; Screw Brads; ECD Alphabet Peel-off Stickers; Foam Tape; Copics

 

#aa-owl-signature

3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

I love the way you combine albums, Frances and this one is no exception. Such a nice momento of your cute Grandson!
Cheers
Karen

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Love the combined pages, wood paper & those brads fashioned to fit.

Joanne (jojot) said...

amazing, Hoots