Thursday, July 31, 2014

Elizabeth Craft Designs July Designer Challenge

ECDHouseStandUp-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s time for our June Elizabeth Craft Designs Designer Challenge. Check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on today at 8AM MST when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.

Our theme this month was to use the Elizabeth Craft Designs Stand Up Helpers Dies to create our cards.

ECDHouseStandUp2-wm

For my first card today I have created a Stand Up Card. The main part of the dies uses the Outdoor Edges Die Set with Double Sided Adhesive Paper and Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter to create the snowy look on my card. I colored the trees with my copics.

I then added the new Holiday House Die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I again used the glitter technique on the lights, wreath and snowy portions of the roof. I also added Red/Gold Glitter Dots to the wreath.

The snowflakes were then added to my card which are from the All Seasons Tree Die Set and then added Clear Glitter Dots to the centres of the snowflakes.

ECDHouseStandUp3-wm

To create the Stand Up part of the card I used the Christmas Tree from the Stand Up Helpers 2 Die Set and die cut two of these directly onto the green base of my card. I then die cut two more from card/double sided adhesive paper and added Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter to these and then colored with copics. Cut along the base of the glittered trees and attached them over the green trees on the base.

The stamped greeting was stamped onto a label from the Lucy Label Pop Up Die Set.

To finish off my card I used the Merry Christmas Stand Up Helper Die and used this along the bottom edge of the base of my card. I extended the stripe of card so that it covered the width of my card.

ECDHouseStandUp4-wm

Here is my card in the closed position ready to be placed in an envelope.

Stamps: Christmas Cottage – Waltzing Mouse Stamps
Paper: White; Red; Green; Jolly By Golly DP – Cosmo Cricket
Dies: Holiday House; All Seasons Tree; Outdoor Edges; Lucy Label Pop Up – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Stand Up Helpers 2; Merry Christmas Stand Up Helper – Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other Elizabeth Craft Designs Products: Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Double Sided Adhesive Paper; Clear Glitter Dots; Red/Gold Glitter Dots

ECDFloralBrithday-wm

The Stand Up Helper Word Dies are not only great for creating Stand Up cards (use the word Stand Up Helper Word Die in place of the Stand Up Tree Die I used in my  Stand Up Card above), they can also be used to add as a sentiment/border along the edge of designer paper. As I had a purple flower left over when I created my Best Wishes Card for a recent ECD blog post which you can find on Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog here, I decided to use that to make my card  today.

In that particular blog post on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog, I explained how to use the Stand Up Helper Dies as edges of cards. I am copying and pasting that part of the post in this blog post, but you can see the whole blog post if you want to on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog here.

ECDBestWishes

Cut a piece of card 1 1/2 inches wide by whatever length you need for your particular card. Take the Stand-Up Helper Word die (Best Wishes in the photos above) and position it at the top right hand side of the stripe of card,  about 3/4 inches from the right edge. Cut with you die cutting machine. Cut along the stripe of card where the base of  the letters hit the card (black line on the top right photo). Cut along this line so you are left with just the words attached to the green stripe of card (bottom left photo). Apply some adhesive to the left edge of the designer paper and adhere the paper to the Best Wishes stripe, leaving a small border of card showing (bottom right photo).

ECDFloralBrithday-wm

For my card today I cut my designer paper on the diagonal and then added the Happy Birthday Stand Up Helper Die to the edge of designer paper.

I already had the small flower made from my previous card, so I just needed to create the larger flower which was created using the Crystal Flower Set 1 and Purple Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz for the solid flower and Crystal Flower Overlay Set 1; Double Sided Adhesive ; Lavender Silk Microfine Glitter and Amethyst Silk Microfine Glitter for the overlay flower.

I then added the Flourish with Flowers Die to embellish my flower.

At the top of my card I die cut a Fishtail Label using the label from the Lots of Pops Pop Up Card. To create the dots I die cut some Card/Double Sided Adhesive Paper using the Oval Dots Frame Edges Die to which I then added Lavender Silk Microfine Glitter and adhered them to the fishtail label.

Thanks for stopping by, don’t forget to check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog where you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.


Paper: White; Purple; Teal; Enchanted Garden DP – Bo Bunny
Dies: Lots of Pops Pop Up; Oval Dots Frame Edges – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Happy Birthday Stand Up Helper; Crystal Flower Set 1; Crystal Flower Overlay 1; Flourish with Flowers – Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other Elizabeth Craft Designs Products: Lavender Silk Microfine Glitter; Amethyst Silk Microfine Glitter;  Double Sided Adhesive Paper; Purple Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz



#aa-owl-signature

3 comments:

Maryann said...

These cards are so beautiful, I am so glad I got to see them for real yesterday

Mel said...

The Christmas house card is just lovely. Very inspiring.

Joanne (jojot) said...

the house card is fabulous....and the purple bloom card is beautiful