Sunday, August 31, 2014

Elizabeth Craft Designs August Designer Challenge

ECDAsianVasewm

Hi everyone,

It’s time for our August Elizabeth Craft Designs Designer Challenge. Check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on today at 8AM MST when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.

Our theme this month is an Asian Theme. Elizabeth Craft Designs has a variety of Dies and Peel-Off Stickers which will work for this theme.

ECDAsianVase3wm

For my card today I created another Stand-Up card in the style that Karen Aicken posted in a recent ECD blog post, for details how to create this style of card visit her post here.

I used the Asian Vases Peel-Off Stickers for my card. I attached the peel-off stickers to double sided adhesive paper and then added Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter to each of the vases, burnished the glitter and then colored the image with copics.

I used the Best Wishes Stand Up Helper die to which I used directly on my card and also cut another out of the tan card to overlay over the blue one.

On the middle panel I used Orange Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz which I embossed using the Bamboo Embossing Folder and then dabbed with Stazon Blue ink. My shimmer sheetz is in one panel, but next time I use shimmer sheetz on this style of card I will probably cut it into two panels so it is easier on the fold.

 

ECDAsianVase4wm

On the inside of the card I added one of the negative vases from the Asian Vases Peel-Off Stickers using Transfer Sheet to get the negative from the sticker to the card.

ECDAsianVase2wm

Here is my card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope. You can also see that I added some Asian Signs Peel-off Stickers to each of the side pieces.

Thanks for stopping by, don’t forget to check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog where you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.


Paper: White; Tan; Navy; Washi Paper
Elizabeth Craft Design Products: Asian Vases Peel-off Stickers; Asian Signs Peel-off Stickers; Best Wishes Stand Up Helper Die; Orange Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz; Bamboo Embossing Folder; Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Double Sided Adhesive Paper; Transfer Sheet
Other: Blue Stazon Ink; Foam Tape; Copics


#aa-owl-signature

 

7 comments:

Mary Dimercurio Prasad said...

Beautiful gem like card! Love how it opens!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE LOVE This Frances... So Beautiful!

Rita Edwards - Edwards Design said...

Such a gorgeous card, Frances! Love all the colors, just so beautiful!

Jacqueline Smith said...

Fabulous card, love all the colours that you used! Fabulous Job!

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card,must try it!!!!

Debra Hensley said...

So Beautiful, Frances! I am going to try this style of easel card- love it!

Joanne (jojot) said...

very cool card style