Thursday, August 14, 2014

Goodbye & Good Luck!


Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. This week Amber Hillman continues to issue the challenges.


Apparently Amber's oldest daughter heads off to college on the 15th... a whole 8 1/2 hrs away from them. So let's make a card saying goodbye. Can be a sympathy card or a safe trip/farewell card. Something that has to do with saying goodbye. 


I recently purchased this cute A Random Fan Travel Bug Stamp and I knew I just had to use this for today's challenge.

Of course as you can see I created a pop up card using the Lot's of Pops Pop Up die set designed byKaren Burniston for Elizabeth Crafts Designs.

To create the road I used one of the edges from the Outdoor Edges die set die cutting on side of my card first and then the other side. Then I drew the white lines down the middle using a white pen.


Along the top edge of my card I used the Paper Smooches Quotables Die and added a sentiment which I thought would be appropriate for a College Goodbye card or similar.


For the front of my card I computer generated a greeting .... oops! can you see the typo???? Fortunately this card isn't going to anyone at this stage, but as I only discovered the typo when I started writing up my blog post I am not changing it right now. 

Stamps: A Random Fan Travel Bug - CC Designs

Paper: White; Pink; Family Traditions DP - Webster's Pages; Cool Summer DP - Carta Bella

Dies: Lots of Pops Pop-Up; Outdoor Edges - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Quotables - Paper Smooches; Sequins - MFT Stamps

Other: Black Ink; Faber Castell White Pitt Pen; White Shimmer Sheetz; Button; Twine; Foam Tape; Copics




9 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

I just LOVE this Frances … adorable image, and your road is fabulous.
Cheers
Karen

Lois said...

Great card -- love the road!!!

Vicky Gould said...

What a perfect card for someone starting college, starting a new job away from home, or just going on a trip! Love it!

Liz Williams said...

Frances, I always look forward to your delightful and wonderfully designed cards every week. They always seem to hold a special surprise!

Mary Ann said...

Awesome card!!!!Love the stamp!!!!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a darling image for an off to college gal!

Lynn McAuley said...

This is such a precious card, Frances! I love your fabulous pop up design for these sensational images!

I'm seeing my oldest granddaughter behind that wheel as she is leaving for college 300 miles away next Friday!

Sabrina said...

That little car is just the cutest - and the open road in front of it is a wonderful use of the card format.

Joanne (jojot) said...

this might just be one of my fav pop up cards that you've ever made....perfectly done, Hoots