Wednesday, September 17, 2014

You’re Aces!

Riley1914Aceswm

Hi everyone,

It's challenge time again over on the Riley and Company blog. This time round it is Kelly’s turn to host the challenge.

Kelly has challenged us to an "Off the edge!" theme. Create a card with an image/sentiment extending the border of your A2 card

For my card today I used Riley and Company’s Poker Riley.

Riley1914Aces2wm

I cheated a little bit in that I used the Sizzix Regal Stand Up Card Framelits to create my card … when it is opened in the display position the image is “off the edge”. I love making this style of card. Just for good measure I did also create my sentiment panel (which btw was computer generated) so that it was hanging off the edge too.

On the right hand side of the sentiment panel I added 4 tiny playing cards which are all Aces which goes with the “You’re Aces! Happy Birthday” I put on the sentiment panel.

Riley1914Aces3wm

Here is my card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope.

Riley Challenge Winner copy_thumb

Want to Play Along?

If you would like to play along with us of course we would love to have you!

To play create a card using Riley and Company images.

Once you have created your card/project, come back here and place a comment with a link to your card/project to this post so we can see what you have created. If you upload your card/project to Splitcoast Stampers please include the keyword Riley1914. We can't wait to see what you create!

Don't forget to check out the Riley and Company Design Team's cards on their blogs:

 

Stamps: Poker Riley – Riley and Company
Paper: White; Red; DP – SU
Dies: Sizzix Regal Stand-Ups Framelits; Sizzix Regal Label Framelits; MFT Die-namics Fishtail Stax
Other: Black Ink; Tiny Playing Cards; Foam Tape; Copics

 

#aa-owl-signature

1 comment:

Joanne (jojot) said...

totally fun...love how you carried the theme through your elements