Thursday, December 18, 2014

Happy Anniversary

42ndAnniversary1wm

Hi everyone,

My card today is a card I made to give to my DH to celebrate our 42nd Anniversary which was on Tuesday. When I started looking through my newer stamps needing to be inked, I found these cute owls from Woodware Stamps which I thought would be perfect ….. seeing I love owls.

42ndAnniversary2wm

Of course I wanted to make a special card for him so I decided on a Pop Up card using the Lucy Label Pop Up Die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

I paper pieced the owls using designer paper.

42ndAnniversary3wm

Here is the inside of my card using a different angle so you can see the pop up section of the card a little better.

42ndAnniversarywm

Earlier in the year I saw a card created by Summer which listed the number of months, days, weeks etc during their Five Year Marriage. I loved the idea and immediately went looking for a site that could convert this info. You can find her card here, I was originally going to just print out the info and use that somehow on my card, but it didn’t have the look I wanted, so I ended up designing the Happy Anniversary Block using Photo Shop which I saved so I can just convert this to any occasion I want, just by changing the text.

Stamps: Owl Love – Woodware Stamps
Paper: White; Blue; Sew Lovely DP; Summer Lovin’ DP – Carta Bella
Dies: Lucy Label Pop Up; Spiral Circle Pull Card (heart) – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Sizzix Arrows Embossing Folder: Foam Tape; Copics

#aa-owl-signature

2 comments:

Maryann said...

This is absolutely fabulous Frances, and so clever of you to use photo shop to create Happy Aniversary block. Those owls are just so cute in the designer papers. Best wishes to you and Phil for this wonderful milestone. Hugs Maryann

g said...

Oh Frances- i so LOVE this! The counter is amazing & it's adorable inside & out!
Happy Anniversary & Happy Holidays!! Sending all my best wishes for a happy, healthy new year {{GIANT HUGS}}