Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Forty only 11 in Scrabble



Hi everyone,

My eldest daughter turns 40 today, so of course I had to create a special 40th birthday card for her.  As I have a number of the special big "0" birthdays this year .... 40th; 60th and 90th, I decided to purchase the MFT Stamps Decor N More Number dies last year. So now I have them of course I need  to use them for their cards somehow.



For my daughter's card I decided to create a pop up card and add the numbers to the pop up panel on the inside. I used the Lots of Pops Pop Up Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

I have seen a few cards on Pinterest that tell you how many points your age is in scrabble for those special big birthdays, so I decided to use that on my card also. Apparently Forty (40) is only 11 in Scrabble. 

To decorate the "40" I added a Prima Doll, I was going to use the whole doll but when I cut it out using my Scan N Cut it cut the inside as well as the outside of the legs for some reason, but as it worked well coming through the hole in the "O" I was able to still use the image.

Because the numbers are fairly tall, I had to add an extra panel to each end of my card so the numbers wouldn't poke out when closed.



Here is another view of my card taken at a different angle so you can see the Pop Up a little better.



I kept the front of my card fairly simple, adding the designer papers I used on the inside and also using the A Way with Word Happy Birthday die which is layered onto the Stitched Ovals and new Dotted Scallop Ovals from Elizabeth Craft Designs.



Stamps: Party Girl - Prima
Paper: White; Green; Balloons DP - We R Memory Keepers; Little Boy Blue Stanley DP - Crate Paper
Dies: Lots of Pops Pop Up Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Stitched Ovals; Dotted Scallop Ovals; Happy Birthday - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Décor N More 4; Décor N More 0 - MFT Stamps; Happy Birthday - Creative Expression
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics


3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

This is so fun! I don't think you can ever go wrong with number or alpha dies - I have several. :-) This is so bright and cheerful and I bet your daughter loves it!

CASTOWNE said...

40 and FABULOUS...just like this card! Love all the papers, images and die cuts you used.

Joanne (jojot) said...

I just love all these cards with the numbers.....bold and personal