Friday, November 18, 2016

Holly Jolly Christmas


Hi everyone,

Today I am sharing one last (for now) card using the Carved Wood Technique which I have been playing around with lately after seeing a video by Gina K on Stamp TV.

For this card I scored the white card in half inch increments and then swiped my green ink pad over the card and then swiped my red ink pad over the top of that. I then used a holly embossing folder to embossing the designed into the wood. Finally I covered the panel with white ink to highlight the embossed area.

To decorate my card I used the A Way with Words - Merry Christmas sentiment which I die cut from Red Metallic Shimmer Sheetz. On the top left hand side of the card I added some holly leaves and berries, the berries have been glittered using the Bright Cranberry Silk Microfine Glitter.



As most of the card is holly themed I decided to add the Holly Jolly Christmas sentiment to the inside of the card.

Along the bottom of the card I added the holly border from the Elizabeth Craft Designs Holiday Garlands 1 die set and then added Red/Gold Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers to the berries on the border.

Stamps: Seasons Greetings - Couture Creations
Paper: White; Red; Green
Dies: A Way with Words Merry Christmas; Holly & Berries - Elizabeth Craft Designs;
Other ECD Products: Red Metallic Shimmer Sheetz; Bright Cranberry Silk Microfine Glitter; Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 64mm
Other: Black Ink; Peeled Paint Distress Ink; Festive Berries Distress Ink; White Ink;  Moonlit Berries Embossing Folder - Couture Creations; Foam Tape



1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Wonderful Christmas card ... love your holly accents.